• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Funny Sunglass Hut salesman

SC55

I should Work at Oakley
North Carolina
The wife and I are on a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach SC. We were shopping at Tanger and stopped in at Sunglass Hut the salesman says hey man you shouldn't be wearing those sunglasses. (I was wearing X squared Carbon/Ice) I said pardon he said those are Oakley X metal and people pay big money for those. I laughed and said yeah I have another pair of X squared and a Juilet with me in the truck. You should have seen his face. On a side note at least he knew what X metals are, I go in to some Oakley vaults and they don't know what they are. Just thought it was funny how he made it sound like someone was going to hold me at gun point for my Oakleys.

The wife and I are on a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach SC. We were shopping at Tanger and stopped in at Sunglass Hut the salesman says hey man you shouldn't be wearing those sunglasses. (I was wearing X squared Carbon/Ice) I said pardon he said those are Oakley X metal and people pay big money for those. I laughed and said yeah I have another pair of X squared and a Juilet with me in the truck. You should have seen his face. On a side note at least he knew what X metals are, I go in to some Oakley vaults and they don't know what they are. Just thought it was funny how he made it sound like someone was going to hold me at gun point for my Oakleys.

Actually, member @Ralph Marshall got mugged for his x-metals... The story's here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/my-dealing-with-the-oakley-gang.31312/

This is truly a sad story. @Ralph Marshall, I know it was a while back, but damn that sucks. Did you ever hear anything further on this? My guess is no.

@SC55 I like the reaction you got. It seems that less and less employees recognize or ever care about anything walking into their store, other than making a sale. Def a good encounter.

I would die to have the average sunglasses salesperson notice what sunglasses I was wearing. That's the number one thing I teach my staff... If someone is at the sunglass cases, compliment them or ask them how they like them. If you aren't sure of the style just stick to the brand.

I had a similar thing happen at a Vault a couple years back. I was wearing an XX and the guy behind the counter asked what they were because they didn't look like Juliets. I told him a little about them and he asked to see them. He made a few comments about how clean they were, frame was tight, everything looked like new. Then he said that he thought there were worth quite a bit and I should put them up somewhere instead of wearing them. When I told him those were my daily wear pair he about flipped and said he couldn't believe how good of condition they were in and asked about how I care for them. It was a pretty cool experience with me getting to share a little knowledge and someone else getting to see something from before their time with the company. Aside from that I could wear a ski mask into an Oakley store and people wouldn't notice.

We should use this as a thread or start a thread and use it for POSITIVE sunglass buying/shopping experiences. Everyone likes to pile on when it's terrible but are less likely to talk about the good ones. I love hearing great staff stories!

Back