• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Fuse Box Battery Change Problems ...

Having an impossible time getting the rear cover off.

Ideas?

I did a quick search on the internets, I was unable to find a clear picture of the back.
However from what I could see, it looks like it has 4 screws that need to be removed.

Can you post some clear pics of the back?

I did a quick search on the internets, I was unable to find a clear picture of the back.
However from what I could see, it looks like it has 4 screws that need to be removed.

Can you post some clear pics of the back?
The Internet? What the **** is the Internet?

Yeah, I had gotten the four screws out, but the back would not come off ...

I finally got it to come off. I bought it used, & apparently the previous owner liked to dip it in maple syrup or something. Ugh, ... It was sealed in pretty good.

I have it all cleaned up now & have had the back on & off with screws & all three times now ... nice 'n easy now ... just need to grab a battery tomorrow & it will be like new ... Thankfully nothing seeped past the back plate, ... the insides are immaculate.

PS: Thank you for the nonsense responses, Mr. @OakleyFrankFMJ ... ya big jerk!!!

I finally got it to come off. I bought it used, & apparently the previous owner liked to dip it in maple syrup or something. Ugh, ... It was sealed in pretty good.

I have it all cleaned up now & have had the back on & off with screws & all three times now ... nice 'n easy now ... just need to grab a battery tomorrow & it will be like new ... Thankfully nothing seeped past the back plate, ... the insides are immaculate.

PS: Thank you for the nonsense responses, Mr. @OakleyFrankFMJ ... ya big jerk!!!
Glad I could help. :p

Did you taste the syrup?

Back