• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuse lenses just ain't great

Spoone

Oakley Beginner
Welp, color me not impressed.

A few years back, I had a pair of Wiley-X Arrow's, with prescription lens adapters, to wear under my welding hood.
These worked great, til my eyes deteriorated enough to require progressive lenses, which couldn't be placed into those adapters.
Bummer for me, but I really like these frames, overall. Great fit, and they do look pretty good, even on my homely mug (says the lovely bride)

Well. I thought I'd try out Fuse lenses, and I was impressed with their fit and finish. (Seriously, Wiley X lenses are fookin' pricey)
They were a perfect fit, looked great (cobalt blue), and with the Zeiss/polarization included, the image clarity was unparalleled. To that point, not even Oakley was up to that level.
(I have since become fully enamored of the Prizm tech. My snowboard goggles were a revelation, yo)

So, fast forward a few years. My beloved A-wires lenses aren't totally trashed yet, but they're showing some age.
I figured "Hey! Fuse does a good job! I'll just order some'o those!" (URL for reference)

Whoops.

I don't know what happened, but the lens quality took a real nosedive. A tragic nosedive.
Too short for the frame width, the lenses themselves were ridiculously thin, causing them to wobble back and forth in their tracks.
The polarization, at least, was excellent, and the cobalt blue mirror was gorgeous...but that fit. E-fookin'-gads.
They just weren't up to snuff, over the OEM lenses that are still (back) in my A-Wires.

Anyway, TLDR?
Fuse lenses are no longer, in my experience, super cool.
Now I get to find other options.

@Chris A Hardaway....you can do 'standard' (non-prescription) lenses, right?
What'll your services run me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a pair of their “fire” polarized lenses for my wife’s Teaspoons earlier this year. They were a bit too big for the frames and I had to sand them down some to get them to fit. I guess too big is better than too small.

i think it's because it is a wire frame. i have found all aftermarket lenses are hit and miss on fit for wire frames. it's why some of those companies say on their website that only sending in the frame guarantees a perfect fit. the only frames i have aftermarkets in now are my Square Wire 2.0 spring hinge and my Inmates. oddly the fuse fit great in the Square Wire, but 2 sets of Revent Elite lenses both had to be sanded to fit my Inmates. (two sets, because i ruined the first set sanding it a bit too much. lol.)

Welp, color me not impressed.

A few years back, I had a pair of Wiley-X Arrow's, with prescription lens adapters, to wear under my welding hood.
These worked great, til my eyes deteriorated enough to require progressive lenses, which couldn't be placed into those adapters.
Bummer for me, but I really like these frames, overall. Great fit, and they do look pretty good, even on my homely mug (says the lovely bride)

Well. I thought I'd try out Fuse lenses, and I was impressed with their fit and finish. (Seriously, Wiley X lenses are fookin' pricey)
They were a perfect fit, looked great (cobalt blue), and with the Zeiss/polarization included, the image clarity was unparalleled. To that point, not even Oakley was up to that level.
(I have since become fully enamored of the Prizm tech. My snowboard goggles were a revelation, yo)

So, fast forward a few years. My beloved A-wires lenses aren't totally trashed yet, but they're showing some age.
I figured "Hey! Fuse does a good job! I'll just order some'o those!" (URL for reference)

Whoops.

I don't know what happened, but the lens quality took a real nosedive. A tragic nosedive.
Too short for the frame width, the lenses themselves were ridiculously thin, causing them to wobble back and forth in their tracks.
The polarization, at least, was excellent, and the cobalt blue mirror was gorgeous...but that fit. E-fookin'-gads.
They just weren't up to snuff, over the OEM lenses that are still (back) in my A-Wires.

Anyway, TLDR?
Fuse lenses are no longer, in my experience, super cool.
Now I get to find other options.

@Chris A Hardaway....you can do 'standard' (non-prescription) lenses, right?
What'll your services run me?
Maybe their process for RX lenses is different than their non-rx(Plano) lenses .

Yes I do Plano lenses, if you can pm me feel free. I'd be you to mail the frame to me though to insure proper fit. Depending on the color you need it can be $73 up to $132.

About the only thing I "gotta" have is a polarized lens.
Black would be nice and black or blue iridium would be pretty sweet...but polarized is really the only must-have.

About the only thing I "gotta" have is a polarized lens.
Black would be nice and black or blue iridium would be pretty sweet...but polarized is really the only must-have.
When you are ready to mail to me I have an ice Iridium Polarized lens with your name on it

Latest Posts

Back