• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ajirbl

Oakley Expert
Fuse Lenses have become of the biggest aftermarket lens suppliers. But we wanted to see how they compare to original lenses and if they’re worth your time.
Keep reading as we buy and review Fuse Lenses for our Oakley sunglasses and see how they compare!

What are Fuse Lenses?
Fuse lenses is an aftermarket lens company based in Clearwater, Florida. The company was founded in 2011 by Brandon Dill and Jon Martino.
Today, Fuse Lenses sells its own sunglasses and prescription lenses, in addition to replacement lenses for top brands including Oakley, Ray-Ban, Costa Del Mar, and Maui Jim!
Now let’s try these lenses out for ourselves.
Fuse Lenses Review
First of all, I want to mention that we have absolutely no affiliation with Fuse Lenses whatsoever. However, in full disclosure, I was provided three sets of lenses to review as a part of this post.
Previous reviews for Fuse Lenses were mixed from what I read, but I was eager to get my hands on them and see for myself.
Keep reading...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 75,420
  • IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 75,493
Last edited by a moderator:
Curious Ventruck is curious.

Did you see a difference between the Zeiss-labeled ones and the rest? The thread on those raised an eyebrow, but as Infinite Hero laid it out, it sounds too good to be true given the price.

Curious Ventruck is curious.

Did you see a difference between the Zeiss-labeled ones and the rest? The thread on those raised an eyebrow, but as Infinite Hero laid it out, it sounds too good to be true given the price.

I did not notice a difference between the two types as far as clarity was concerned.

Eye test shots are hard to judge as one appears to be zoomed in more so there appears more pixilated. Having said that, the top one is clearer.

How do you select the base curve? doesn't appear to be an option on EBay or Amazon.

They are more expensive direct through Fuse oddly enough.

I'll do the test again and use a fixed focus camera.

You can call or email for the updated list of base 8 curve lenses. From there just request it in the notes section within paypal when you send payment.

Great guys to deal with.

the red mirror i have in my square wire 2.0 spring hinge don't look like that. they are deep red only. no purple or orange at all.

i think i mentioned this in another fuse thread but at an angle towards the edge of view the lenses do not distort like other aftermarket lenses do. although they are a bitch to keep clean even with hydrophobic coating on them. they aren't bad, but i really will only buy them if i can't get an Oakley lens for a pair instead. the fire lenses for the Square wire 2.0 are not an option at the price people want for them. lol.

23hwyfd.jpg

every other aftermarket lens i have tried looks cloudy at this angle. these are as far as i can tell just as clear as any of my Oakley lenses at this angle.

1115pms.jpg

Last edited:
Green Mirror = Jade Iridium

Red Mirror = Ruby Iridium (old style Ruby with nice red/purple tones and little to no “fire”)

Black Chrome = Chrome Iridium (it is not a copy for black iridium)

They offer many other colors but as far as Base 8 curve is concerned they have

Purple Mirror = Violet Iridium

Orange Mirror = Fire Iridium

Zeiss Grey Polarized = Grey Polarized

Zeiss Brown Polarized = Dark Bronze Polarized
no idea how close the other colors are to oem but i did try the purple mirror and it's no where near violet iridiums.

no idea how close the other colors are to oem but i did try the purple mirror and it's no where near violet iridiums.
That's possible. They told me that black mirror were similar to black iridium when in fact they're more like chrome iridium. Have not seen the violet in person.

The biggest point of this is that these lenses appear to be a good aftermarket option.

They have good colours, good impact resistance, and very good clarity.

That's possible. They told me that black mirror were similar to black iridium when in fact they're more like chrome iridium. Have not seen the violet in person.

The biggest point of this is that these lenses appear to be a good aftermarket option.

They have good colours, good impact resistance, and very good clarity.
i agree. i have no technical way of checking but they do seem quite clear. and the customer service is phenomenal. the pair they sent didn't fit perfectly so they immediately sent me a new pair and a shipping label to return the other pair.
definitely a good aftermarket option if you're not too concerned about matching the oem colors.

Back