• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Here's something to think about.

I checked out the website for Fuse lenses (www.fuselenses.com) and I noticed it looks shockingly similar to a site I ordered and reviewed lenses from in the past, eyekon lenses. So I did a little more digging and they are the same company, you can even see the old URL in use with the current brand name here: http://www.eyekonlenses.com/contact-us.php

To me that seems kind of shady given that when I did my review of the lenses (http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/...chase-and-review-final-update-12-31-12.14888/) they were shipped to me in packaging with the name eyecandy lenses.

When I reviewed them I too noticed the clarity and coloration was quite good, but in my case the base curve of the lens was incorrect and the fit wasn't as good as stock lenses. Maybe I'll spend a few bucks on a set for my X-Metal XX and see if they are any better these days.

EDIT: Just looked up my old purchase confirmation emails for the hell of it and the coupon code they sent me to use for my next purchase is actually "fuse army". I guess this has been going on for longer than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a follow up post after contacting Fuse via their website-

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Fuse only uses a 6 base curvature, we do this for the simple reason that a 6 base is much easier to install than an 8 base (which is what Oakley uses) the curve will not affect the fit. As I mentioned, we use this curve on all brands and models with no issues.

Laura H."

So there seems to be some conflicting information about what base curves are or aren't available. @ajirbl are the colors you listed the only options with the proper base curve? When you called to place the order did they have any trouble knowing the difference between the two curvatures? Normally I prefer using websites to order instead of calling in but if it means I get something that is closer to OEM then it'd be worth the call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listed the only options available in base 8 curve. I was told they generally reserve the base 8 for the vented type lenses. Base 8 are available, but only in the colours I listed.

I listed the only options available in base 8 curve. I was told they generally reserve the base 8 for the vented type lenses. Base 8 are available, but only in the colours I listed.

Thanks for the reply. To clarify your original post you personally received base 8 in green/red/black with purple/orange/zeiss grey/brown also available in that curve right? When I read your post the first time I was thinking only the purple/orange and zeiss came that way but now that I re-read it seems like what you posted pics of is also that curve.

I received base 8 in green, red, and black. The others are available but I don't have them.
Ok that's what I thought after reading your post again. Did you happen to find a decent resource to see what the lens tints actually look like before ordering? One issue I had when I ordered from them before (eyekon lenses) was that they had virtually no real pictures of their tints. I'm somewhat interested in that cosmic purple color they have but some pics show it as pure purple, others show it as purple fading to green, and some others it almost looks like +Red. Also if you happen to have a pic of those red lenses (metallic blaze I'm assuming?) mounted in the TiO2 frame you could post that would be great.

I will be getting the remaining colors in a few weeks, I've ordered some for Juliets and my r2s. Will post pics when I get them.

I'll swap the red into my tio2s and take a pic later.

I will be getting the remaining colors in a few weeks, I've ordered some for Juliets and my r2s. Will post pics when I get them.

I'll swap the red into my tio2s and take a pic later.
That would be great thanks. Where were you able to find a phone number to call these people? I've looked on their website and all I can seem to find is email/facebook/twitter. If you don't mind posting it or PMing me I'd appreciate it, it seems like the email staff has no idea they sell anything other than base 6 lenses.

I have been on a x-metal binge recently and even though I prefer to use OEM lenses, the option of decent 3rd party lenses is intriguing to me. Anyway, I contacted Fuse a few minutes ago and they responded and told me that base 6 are ALL they do now. They confirmed that the used to have base 8, but no longer have them and will not be getting any more.

No knowing a lot about lenses, I was just wondering what that actually means. Will that change the clarity or just the fit? It makes me sad that base 8 is no longer an option.

I have been on a x-metal binge recently and even though I prefer to use OEM lenses, the option of decent 3rd party lenses is intriguing to me. Anyway, I contacted Fuse a few minutes ago and they responded and told me that base 6 are ALL they do now. They confirmed that the used to have base 8, but no longer have them and will not be getting any more.

No knowing a lot about lenses, I was just wondering what that actually means. Will that change the clarity or just the fit? It makes me sad that base 8 is no longer an option.
That's unfortunate if that turns out to be true.

Latest Posts

Back