• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FUSE lenses

Hummmm... So the fuse lenses are good enough but only good enough for beater frames?

Help me understand this because I'm interested in getting a few as well.

your taking that the wrong way.

i said i am basically an Oakley lens only guy. the fact that i will even use a Fuse lens tells you how good they are.

i do not feel like i loose any function at all using the Fuse lenses. just as a Oakley Purest i won't put them in a lot of my pairs. it's not really a function thing at all. you can tell they are a nice lens when you hold them at an angle to look out the peripheral view at newspaper text or whatever and it is still crystal clear. you don't see any distortion in the Peripheral view like you get with most aftermarket lenses.

i personally will use them on beaters because i am not as anal about keeping them perfect like my expensive Oakley lenses. so if i go to the beach, play some volley ball, ect... i am not worried about them. they are a very good value for a quality polarized lens.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.
To be even more clear, no one actually knows how good or bad Fuse lenses are. It has been shown in the past that what we perceive as a quality lens can actually be complete garbage when tested for clarity, distortion, etc.

There was a source awhile back for custom C-Six lenses that everyone who bought loved. They weren't cheap. They matched OEM thickness. The lenses looked great. The colors looked great. Everyone said how great they were. Then they were tested and we saw just how bad they really were.

Distortion that your brain corrects for isn't usually noticeable as you wear glasses. When you take them off and test them (search around and you'll see the type I'm talking about) you discover just how hard your eyes have to work and strain to help you see images clearly. The optics are the cornerstone of Oakley. With OEM you know you are getting one of the best quality lenses on the planet for the materials used (polycarbonate). With aftermarket... who knows.

It's worth mentioning that of the aftermarket lenses out there, @Linegear Official are among the only ones that we've seen tested that are comparable quality to OEM. Maybe Fuse lenses are too, but we have no real proof of that besides personal opinion which has been proven to be unreliable.

To be even more clear, no one actually knows how good or bad Fuse lenses are. It has been shown in the past that what we perceive as a quality lens can actually be complete garbage when tested for clarity, distortion, etc.

There was a source awhile back for custom C-Six lenses that everyone who bought loved. They weren't cheap. They matched OEM thickness. The lenses looked great. The colors looked great. Everyone said how great they were. Then they were tested and we saw just how bad they really were.

Distortion that your brain corrects for isn't usually noticeable as you wear glasses. When you take them off and test them (search around and you'll see the type I'm talking about) you discover just how hard your eyes have to work and strain to help you see images clearly. The optics are the cornerstone of Oakley. With OEM you know you are getting one of the best quality lenses on the planet for the materials used (polycarbonate). With aftermarket... who knows.

It's worth mentioning that of the aftermarket lenses out there, @Linegear Official are among the only ones that we've seen tested that are comparable quality to OEM. Maybe Fuse lenses are too, but we have no real proof of that besides personal opinion which has been proven to be unreliable.
Absolutely this. Any correction is unconscious, you won't necessarily know your eyes and brain are correcting for imperfections. So take these views for what they are, subjective.

Absolutely this. Any correction is unconscious, you won't necessarily know your eyes and brain are correcting for imperfections. So take these views for what they are, subjective.

furthermore why i am Oakley OEM lens only for the most part. i totally agree.

I am about to go use my Fuse lenses in the pool though. haha.

Is this true? Linegear lenses are equivalent as OEM in quality and Clarity? I'm looking for some alternatives for my Juliets, but I've read plenty of post saying that no aftermarket lens are equally to OEM in clarity vision, so I'm overwhelmed.

Is this true? Linegear lenses are equivalent as OEM in quality and Clarity? I'm looking for some alternatives for my Juliets, but I've read plenty of post saying that no aftermarket lens are equally to OEM in clarity vision, so I'm overwhelmed.
They've recently updated their lenses to be taper corrected, basically giving them the same XYZ optics as Oakley. In optical tests done by a member here the difference in clarity and distortion compared to OEM is very, very close.

There are other lenses, Zeiss comes to mind, that have superior optics to even Oakley lenses. Those lenses also command a high premium. One topic we've never seen resolved is if Fuse is selling genuine Zeiss lenses. Considering they are selling finished lenses for cheaper than Zeiss lens blanks wholesale for, I'd say probably not.

One topic we've never seen resolved is if Fuse is selling genuine Zeiss lenses. Considering they are selling finished lenses for cheaper than Zeiss lens blanks wholesale for, I'd say probably not.

Exactly - and when I tried contacting Zeiss Optics to see if Fuse was a valid reseller, no response...

Anyone can buy Zeiss Base Blanks (Without RX Correction), and then put what ever iridium coating on them. PERIOD. You don't have to be "Authorized" to buy a lens blank, put a iridium coating on it, cut it to a shape, and sell it. That being said. Zeiss blanks are not "expensive". The work involved in coating, and cutting is what earns the price. So, Yes Fuse does sell Zeiss lenses, they buy one of the 3 blank colors available, and then apply their own "iridium" coating on it. If you actually read their website, it is pretty much spelled out for you to understand the process.

The stigma about "Only Oakley lenses should go in Oakley glasses," is a joke. I agree, you get what you pay for, but to ASSUME that just because this forum has not scientifically tested their lenses they are automatically crap, or that they are false advertising their products is just plain stupid.

Anyone can buy Zeiss Base Blanks (Without RX Correction), and then put what ever iridium coating on them. PERIOD. You don't have to be "Authorized" to buy a lens blank, put a iridium coating on it, cut it to a shape, and sell it. That being said. Zeiss blanks are not "expensive". The work involved in coating, and cutting is what earns the price. So, Yes Fuse does sell Zeiss lenses, they buy one of the 3 blank colors available, and then apply their own "iridium" coating on it. If you actually read their website, it is pretty much spelled out for you to understand the process.

The stigma about "Only Oakley lenses should go in Oakley glasses," is a joke. I agree, you get what you pay for, but to ASSUME that just because this forum has not scientifically tested their lenses they are automatically crap, or that they are false advertising their products is just plain stupid.
K.

Latest Posts

Back