• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FYI Original A Wire Lenses

michaelpule

Oakley Expert
I posted on the Visionary Lenses Facebook page and got a response:

Me - Sept 6: "Looking for some replacement lenses (ideally a mirror style finish) for the Original A-Wire (not thick or 2.0). Any idea where I might be able to find that?"
VL - 42min ago: "Hey Michael we should have them by December. Thanks!"

In case anyone else may be looking for some replacements for the amazingly old A Wires.

If anyone is looking for actual Oakley, NIB A Wire lenses I have a few colors as well.

I'd like to know why these lens companies can't get polycarb as clear as Oakley has been doing since the 1990s. Only then will I get excited about aftermarket.

If anyone is looking for actual Oakley, NIB A Wire lenses I have a few colors as well.

I very much am! Don't have access to the exchange forum since I'm so new, but I am trying to restore a pair. The current lenses are shot and the frames are bent. Need to try and straighten them out and find new lenses. New ear socks would be nice too. The original are all tacky and gross.

I'd like to know why these lens companies can't get polycarb as clear as Oakley has been doing since the 1990s. Only then will I get excited about aftermarket.

$$$$$$$$ It costs too much - if they were to make them as good as Oakley then they'd cost as much as Oakley and then they wouldn't sell.

Don't quote me on the percentages, but I believe Oakley only uses 20% of the polycarbonate that it starts with - the rest ends up at places like HP and Black and Decker to make toaster ovens and printers. 80% waste = higher costs.

I posted on the Visionary Lenses Facebook page and got a response:

Me - Sept 6: "Looking for some replacement lenses (ideally a mirror style finish) for the Original A-Wire (not thick or 2.0). Any idea where I might be able to find that?"
VL - 42min ago: "Hey Michael we should have them by December. Thanks!"

In case anyone else may be looking for some replacements for the amazingly old A Wires.

Don't hold your breath. I've been asking them about e-wire lenses and they told me by summer of 2011. That came and went and still no e-wire lenses.

Back