• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G20 Black Iridium- Yay Or Nay?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Who has this lens? Looking to get one for my Radars, O-Review doesn't have a lot of reviews on this color, and they seem to be pretty mixed.

I checked it out today in the store, but they didn't have it in the cut I wanted. Overall felt like a VR28 Black, but not as dark as that (mine is polarized). It's rated at 15% with VR28BI at 18 and VR28BIP at 10. Any reason I should stick with the VR28BI, or choose this instead? I'm slightly hesitant to plunk down $90 on a tint I haven't really tried or heard much about.

Any others I should be looking at? The Range is available in Black Iridium 10%, Tungsten Iridium 15%, Fire 16%, +Red 15%, Blue 15%, Ice 10%, VR28 Black 18%, and G20 Black at 15%. Of those, I've never owned a tungsten, +Red, Blue, or G20 Black.

What is your application? I like a little more light transmission for an activity like cycling where one needs to be able to see the road in the shadowy areas. If it's just for general wear, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

I like to diversify my lens collections. My main sport is competitive shooting, but I'm not necessarily looking for a lens for that.

I'm not going out of my way for it, I can just order it from Oakley.com. I have a Radar frame and the only lens I have is a persimmon, which is just a pretty useless lens for outdoor wear since it's a little too dark for really cloudy or dusk days, too bright any other time. Indoors on a very well lit range is about all I'd use it for. So I'm looking for a new general sunglasses lens for the frames, and I don't own a G20 Black.

I have G20 Black Iridium for my Flak Jackets, I wore them today, it's not a bad lens for an overcast day. As it's name implies, it feels like a darker version of G30 (which I like) and it has a rosey/violet hue. Good contrast, but I'm not sure how well it would be on a sunny day.