• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G26 And Shooting

apollo11

Oakley Beginner
I have searched and found some information, but cannot find the exact answer so I thought I post and see what you guys think.

I want to find a lens that will make my front fiber optic (reddish/orange) stand out against cardboard colored targets. I shoot IPSC, and the shoot targets are brown cardboard colored, and the no shoots are white cardboard. There is also steel of different colors.

The majority of the shooting is done outdoors, clear lenses would be used for indoor shooting. The main concern/question I have is that I want a lens that will make the front fiber optic stand out, but not wash out the other colors.

Is the G26 the best option for this use? Any other options from you all would be appreciated as well. These will be on Radar Ranges if that matters.
Thanks a lot for your time!

Well, looks like I am going to just test this out myself. I ordered a pair of M Frames from USSI tonight with some VR28 lenses and also ordered the G26's off of the regular site. When I can run them I'll post back for any shooters out there.

I'd like to know. I haven't played around too much with lens choices.

Outdoors your fiber sight should light up like a christmas tree already though.

I'll report as soon as I shoot with them on. The fiber does light up really bright, unless I put too dark of lenses on them; then it really negates the effect. But if the G26 can make it pop more, then I'm all in.

I've never used fiber optics with any regularity, just red dots, standard irons, and night sights. G26 is still going to be a pretty bright lens, about equal to VR28, so it may not be bright light appropriate if the sun is on the side of the targets, but I guess most ranges I've been to are setup with the firing line East-West so you're not shooting into the rising/setting sun.

To update this thread, and hopefully add something for folks to reference:

My G26 M-Frame lens came in yesterday, and were mounted in the M-Frame today. The world has a purple tint to it, but the red/orange in the fiber optic is super bright. It contrast really well, and the brown colored targets do not wash out. Also the white targets are plenty visible and they contrast well against the brown ones.

I have not shot with this lens yet, but from what I can tell it will be excellent for what I need it to be. I'll update after I get it on the range.

I love my G-26 lens for shooting, so much that I've used it for my last two indoor IPSC matches.
p1260115.jpg

jester-Good to hear they work well indoors too!

Batwolf-I'd love to see pics of them in your Fuel Cells, they are a really sweet looking lens.

I cannot get over the contrasting effect they have, while still making everything clear. Going to be interesting shooting a match and seeing everything in a purple tint.

jester-Good to hear they work well indoors too!

I cannot get over the contrasting effect they have, while still making everything clear. Going to be interesting shooting a match and seeing everything in a purple tint.

After about 15min I don't notice the tint, But its sure is different when you take them off.

I was looking at some clay pigeons the other day and man do they POP..... Can't wait to try them for some trap shooting this spring.

Latest Posts

Back