• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G26 Donor lenses

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I'm interested in this "secret" lens, I was able to track down a couple of donor lenses but I can't be sure which one would work better for the frae cuts I have in mind. I've found a Radar and an Old M frame lens, do you guys know which one would work better (I'm pretty lost with lens curvatures) for either and XS or an XX? And is there any mounting complications due to the thickness of the shield lenses?
I understand that g26 works for cloudy/rain days and not for full sunny ones so it will be a season lens, but the color is quite ice and having rain season coming in in the next few weeks in Mexico, it would be nice to have something for those days.
Thanks for the insight!

I read about the shooting use, but if I remember correctly, people liked to use it for cloudy rainy days. That's basically why I want a set, spring is quite rainy here in Mexico and we get a lot of cloudy days. Anyone has any experience with them? Like actual use for other things than shooting?

The base curves I've seen these in are in the 6.75-7 base toric range (vertically curvature is less than horizontal). They should work ok for xx xmetal. I'm not sure on X Squared unless you find a pitch shape. Path might be too small. On Facebook groups I see a ton of Brazilian dudes wearing g26. Not sure why. I always thought it looked cool, though I haven't worn it.

IMG_1266.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG
They are awesome lenses bro i like em a lot, but cant be use for daily purposes.

Back