• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G26 Donor lenses

The base curves I've seen these in are in the 6.75-7 base toric range (vertically curvature is less than horizontal). They should work ok for xx xmetal. I'm not sure on X Squared unless you find a pitch shape. Path might be too small. On Facebook groups I see a ton of Brazilian dudes wearing g26. Not sure why. I always thought it looked cool, though I haven't worn it.

The green and yellow hues on the lenses resemble the same colors on the brazilian flag;)

After reading a bit about G30, a lot of people compare it to the new Golf Prizms (I actually have a set being chopped right now), actually somebody said golf prizms is "like a g30 but on steroids". Would you think this one would do the trick for rainy/overcast days?

After reading a bit about G30, a lot of people compare it to the new Golf Prizms (I actually have a set being chopped right now), actually somebody said golf prizms is "like a g30 but on steroids". Would you think this one would do the trick for rainy/overcast days?
I have Golf Prizm too. What it does to grass is amazing but it is more of a specific lens than G30 - I'd stick with G30 as a more generalist lens in overcast conditions.

Golf PRIZM makes everything super pinkish purple. I personally can't handle it and prefer G30 over the Golf PRIZM anyday.

For overcast, i used to go for VR28 but lately i've been using either OO Red polar for driving on wet roads, or PRIZM Torch for non-polar daily use dealing with train station LCD screens.

I've got a VR28 set coming in so I'll try those for the meanwhile, but I'll keep in mind all recommendations in case I don't like VR28
Thanks to all!

There probably should be less generality used around the term VR28. VR28 is a base tint and also a standalone lens, and yes, it'll do well for overcast days. But VR28 BI and VR28 BIP are more common and there's the lazy habit here of referring to them collectively as VR28. But they're different, they have lower light trans %s. IMO VR28 BI (same VR28 base only with a Black Iridium coating) is borderline for overcast days and VR28 BIP (polarized version of VR28 BI) is usable but really a little too dark at 10% trans, there are better alternatives.

Latest Posts

Back