• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G26 Iridium Question

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Anyone have experience with G26 Iridium? What's the base color of the lens? How does it compare in reflection color with the Jade Iridium?

Thanks in advance!

Base color is the "G" base you see on G20/G30. Because of the Iridium coating it has a very high increase in contrast.

Honestly I wore a set on a sunny day and it gave me a headache but on a cloudy day they were fine.

much more striking when looking at it compared to Jade iridium. like what Bats said, not recommended during sunny days. makes everything too damn bright. ha!

p1020826a.jpg

i'm not the best photographer in the world, so the contrast between the lenses isn't popping, but here's a comparison shot between the G26, Jade Iridium, and Jade Iridium Polarized.

Oh wow. The G26 is that much greener? It looks great but the while not-for-sunny-days is a little cause for concern. Oakley.com doesn't have it on their lens tint page which sucks.

Oh wow. The G26 is that much greener? It looks great but the while not-for-sunny-days is a little cause for concern. Oakley.com doesn't have it on their lens tint page which sucks.

I think you can check the info on OR's supplements page. =)

I've worn G26 twice, and probably won't again.

It was fun to wear, and all of the road lines and signs really popped, but the purply color just didn't feel good. I didn't get colors distorted that I could tell, but it's definitely not a lens I want to wear for very long.

Back