• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G30 Iridium Lens Tint Must Not Be Used When Driving??

I've noticed that ever since I got my Dark Bronze Deviations that LED/Halogen lights on cars...you now those ones you can see from a mile away...turn neon green'ish and when you're at a stop light and it turns green, it makes green lights blue.

I've never had issues with G30 or G30Ti - they are golf specific lense bases as the pink makes green stand out but I've never heard of them not being a good driving lense. Lance Armstrong primarily uses G30 lenses as they're a perfect all around lense for him...so if they're good enough for a 7 time TDF winner - that's all I'm saying ;o)

I have been using G30 Blue Iridium in both my Radars for roadcycling and in my jawbones for mountainbiking. Both in changing lightconditions. I love the tint although I would normally prefer a more neutral colored tint. Haven't noticed any problems when using them on roads with stoplights etc etc.

I spoke with an Oakley rep today about this and she told me that because the lenses can alter the way stoplights appear, their lawyers felt they had to put that disclaimer there. Guess they don't want people suing them.

i use my G26 Juliets a lot as well, and have no problem differentiating stoplights etc while driving. weird.

It's funny because Oakley also gives that warning with the Ruby Iridium lenses.

From my warranty paperwork "Amber Polarized, Ruby Iridium, and G26 Iridium lens tints are not suitable for driving or road use (European Union standard EN 1836:2005). Dark Bronze, G30 Iridium, G40, Gold Iridium, Titanium Iridium, and VR28 Blue Iridum lens tints must not be used when driving (Austrialia/New Zealand standard AS/NZS 1067:2003)"

Bronze/Gold/Titanium/Ruby???? 9 years and no problems..I just was out with Bronze SJ's..yeah Starbucks thats right- and they were perfect....Polarized on the other hand are something my brain isnt wired to handle That would be most hazardous for me personally

if i go with a car i use Ruby lenses almost 40%. . .
but i think, that will never be a problem during a police control, because they don't know HA HA

Back