• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G30 Lens

Fabrizio

Oakley Beginner
I bought an half jacket 2.0 from a reseller with lens g30 IR ( at least I think so by the box). I am a bit concerned because rather than having a rose tint, they are more brownish. They are also not very much usable on medium light. It is this the standard g30? Which tint can you suggest for golf usage in medium to low light?

They can be brownish/blue/purple to look at but you should definitely be seeing the rose tint when you look through them. Have you checked them for polarisation (rotate them whilst looking at an LCD screen - does it blacken at certain angles)? You probably want the non-polarised G30s if you're playing without much glare.

If you're losing the light that much whilst playing, it might be worth having a look at persimmon too. Check out G40 photochromic too, that might meet your needs in a single lens:

http://uk.oakley.com/products/7001/26459

G30 is one of my favorite lenses. I have noticed that the G30 Polarized lenses is a bit darker and better for brighter light than the standard G30 lense. Not sure why that is.

Back