• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G30 POLAR IRIDIUM DONORS?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Well...have a chance to get some G30 polar iridium HJ lenses to use as donors for a Penny or Julie, and I'm on the fence if I think I will like them or not. I couldn't find an example at my local store to check them out up close. I saw a few pics on the net...and I'm not really sure how they really look. I saw one example of the same pair of glasses...one pic looked like the lenses were very deep dark and vibrant blue....yet another pic looked like they were a bit brownish. Are they mirrored? Can your eyes be seen? Can anyone share some true / accurate pics? THANKS!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

Harry

They do have a blue hue under certain light ..they have iridium kind of like the vr28..yes you're eyes a visible under most circumstances..they have a rose hue looking through them..FYI G30 BIP is darker and a better overall lense, imo......pic us about as accurate as you'll get
Screenshot_2016-10-03-23-54-58.png

I was hoping they looked more like that first pic I posted...but those look more like sapphire I think.
they look like that under certain conditions such as laid out on a black MF bag or have dark background. They won't hide your eyes and if you want that shade but dark enough tint to hide your eyes then you'd want Deep Blue Polarized lenses

Back