• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Garage Sales

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
I had to bring this up as I realize that many finds can be made at a garage sale. We all hit Craigslist and Ebay, but how many of us have tried the garage sale thing. It's Sunday morning and I am currently sitting outside my home baby sitting a load of unwanted stuff that I need to get rid of. In my experience I have had numerous garage sales selling all sorts of stuff the wife doesn't want any more. I have made some $$$ just sitting outside sipping a cold iced tea. I once stopped at a garage sale and bought some die cast cars BNIB for $10 each, knowing the brand they were it was well worth the pick up. I have sold a few sets of Oakley lenses too which was kind awesome. I saw a guy wearing a pair of Romeo 2, I actually asked him if he wanted to sell them. He took them off and let me look at them. They needed a tune up, lenses, and unobtainiums in a bad way. So I decided not to buy them but I sold him some lenses and installed them for him. Lol. It's funny how one mans trash is another mans treasure.

I thought about going to swap meets or whatever they're called. Driving to garage sales burns up lots of gas for a limited chance to score something good. This way, there's more stuff in one place.

I personally have never had any luck at buying from garage sales. So I quit going.

Definitely. In my experience (at least where I'm from) the flea market is full of fakes. I've only ever found a couple of real pairs and they are always way overpriced (e.g. this one guy wanted a $100 for a pair of white gascans). Haven't ever found any luck at garage sales in terms of oakleys but usually you can always find something cool at garage sales

One of my co-workers found an m-frame strike array at a garage sale for 5 bucks and then she just gave them to me!!!! I offered her more than her money back but she would not take it

one of the manager from an Oakley store told me a story of a dude going to a flea market for several years and found a jordon mars for $40 bucks brand new... wish i was that lucky lol