• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Gary Scelzi Romeo 2 For Polished Carbon Ichiro

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Oh man... In your first pic it looks like you have an apparition leaving your room! :behindsofa:. Anyways... i could sure use that box! ;)

Ah, lens reflection - nice catch. I also notice in the reflection that the pic is being taken by what looks like a quality SLR triggered remotely - no wonder his pics are so much better than mine...

Some people reacted to this post.
All right, you got me. I use timed shutter release to get the best clarity and try hard to not be in the shot too. You'll usually see the camera but not me and HIP peeled back the onion.
If you look really hard in the second pic you'll see me hiding (almost) behind a support.
Easter Eggs...

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
All right, you got me. I use timed shutter release to get the best clarity and try hard to not be in the shot too. You'll usually see the camera but not me and HIP peeled back the onion.
If you look really hard in the second pic you'll see me hiding (almost) behind a support.
Easter Eggs...

That's hard core...

Username Hidden said:
Easter Eggs...
Nikon, good choice ;).

please send back to me ;) good luck boss!

Username Hidden said:
please send back to me good luck boss!
Sure Clyde, send me a Polished Carbon Ichiro! :)
Username Hidden said:
This @BriP post (in reply to your question) puts the total GSR2 count at 300 - 400...
Yes I've read that but I also have read that 500 is the number here, by S-Works:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/the-rarest-x-metals.5195/page-3
I have a pair that are numbered in the mid-400's (per the label, not serialized on frame) as well as one with double digits so I am comfortable agreeing with the 500 number.They didn't start at 100 because I've seen a serial under that and I've seen a number over 400. So 500 works for me.

1698-1401979815-0b40ece4b0181c83eef6b7571c1cfb3e.jpg

Username Hidden said:
Yes I've read that but I also have read that 500 is the number here, by S-Works:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/the-rarest-x-metals.5195/page-3
I have a pair that are numbered in the mid-400's (per the label, not serialized on frame) as well as one with double digits so I am comfortable agreeing with the 500 number.They didn't start at 100 because I've seen a serial under that and I've seen a number over 400. So 500 works for me.

1698-1401979815-0b40ece4b0181c83eef6b7571c1cfb3e.jpg

That pic is also more illuminating on the motivation - if I only had one GSR2, I'd hesitate to trade for a carbon polished Ichiro. But three? Piece of cake...:D

EDIT - Reading the link you sent, he also says 1000 made of the PC Ichiros, not 1500...

Username Hidden said:
I use timed shutter release to get the best clarity and try hard to not be in the shot too. You'll usually see the camera but not me.
I try to do the same thing... its hard for me because I don't have a stand.

Username Hidden said:
That pic is also more illuminating on the motivation - if I only had one GSR2, I'd hesitate to trade for a carbon polished Ichiro. But three? Piece of cake...:D

EDIT - Reading the link you sent, he also says 1000 made of the PC Ichiros, not 1500...
Spare me one mate ....