• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gas Can SI's - My Predicament - Kinda Pissed @ Oakley

So, I guess I meet all of the qualifications to send private messages, except the last one in the link you provided. So, I'm not sure what I need to do in order to be able to send PM's? I've already replied to PM's without any trouble that were sent to me by other members, but in order to send my own PM to another member, I need to meet this last piece of criteria since I already meet the other two?

So, I guess I meet all of the qualifications to send private messages, except the one below. So, I'm not sure what I need to do in order to be able to send PM's? I've already replied to PM's without any trouble that were sent to me by other members, but in order to send my own PM to another member, I need to meet this last piece of criteria since I already meet the other two?
Be a member for a minimum of 14days<---- that.
To send a PM

Nevermind....

Don't worry about it. I followed up on your lens. They will be available in about two weeks. They are NOT discontinued and are available through them directly and not online. I tried a friend of mine that has a tactical shop and he didnt have any TIP available. Also, do not try to order the Asian fit TIP they will not fit as the are a tad smaller. I have a set of those and titanium iridium.

Be a member for a minimum of 14days<---- that.
To send a PM

Okay, I get it now. So, since I've only been a member for about six days, I can't sent PM's yet. I'll still need to wait about another nine days before I gain the ability to send a PM. Kind of silly that I can respond to PM's sent to me by other members, even as a new member myself, but I don't have the ability to send my own PM to another member.

Don't worry about it. I followed up on your lens. They will be available in about two weeks. They are NOT discontinued and are available through them directly and not online. I tried a friend of mine that has a tactical shop and he didnt have any TIP available. Also, do not try to order the Asian fit TIP they will not fit as the are a tad smaller. I have a set of those and titanium iridium.

@xmetalmaniac

Okay, thanks, man. I'm sorry about the PM deal. I tried, but didn't realize I haven't been a member long enough to send you one. Lol.

And I appreciate you checking on the availability of the TIP Gas Can lenses for me and letting me know what's up with them. At least one of the CS reps I spoke to actually knew what he was talking about when he told me that they ARE in fact available, just that they're currently on backorder. Hopefully, the part number he gave me was correct. If I remember correctly, it was 95-644, I believe?

So you were told that they'll be available in about two weeks direct from Oakley, but not online, right? So, my best bet would be to just try calling Oakley directly again in a couple weeks and give them the part number so they can check their current availability?

That appears to be the correct sku. I verified with him to make sure it was NOT the Asian for version. And it my fault regarding the pm. I didn't realize you had such a new membership. Welcome!!

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

Yup, just went back a couple pages in this thread and found the part number I posted which was given to me by an Oakley CS rep over the phone, and it is indeed part number 95-644. I'll give it a week and try callimg to double check availability and if they're still not in yet, than I'll keep trying every week or so, thereafter. I just wanna make sure I don't miss out on a set since these particular lenses seem to be especially hard to come by and I'm not sure what kinda numbers we're looking at when they get runs of replacement lenses in.

That appears to be the correct sku. I verified with him to make sure it was NOT the Asian for version. And it my fault regarding the pm. I didn't realize you had such a new membership. Welcome!!Sent from my X Metal iPhone

@xmetalmaniac

Not a problem, man. And I appreciate the time you spent trying to help me. I really do, man. It brings me a good deal of satisfaction knowing I'll actually be able to get a set of these Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses I've been wanting oh so badly! Honestly, you've probably been more help to me than you may realize, because without the information you provided, I may have just given up and been out of luck.

I do have to admit that up until now I had pretty much lost all hope and I actually placed an order last night for a set of aftermarket replacement lenses through Ikon. I ordered the 24K Gold polarized version with their proprietary A/R coating. They should match the Desert Sage frames beautifully, and for $35 we'll see how they compare. With that said, one thing that scares me, honestly, is the price. I mean how can a set of lenses ACTUALLY be as high quality as Ikon claims for a measly $35. Don't worry, though, even if I end up loving the Ikon's, I'm still gonna do my best to aquire a set of genuine Oakley TIP lenses. Nothing can be as good as the real deal, in my opinion. :cool:

Last edited:
@xmetalmaniac

I do have to admit that up until now I had pretty much lost all hope and I actually placed an order last night for a set of aftermarket replacement lenses through Ikon. I ordered the 24K Gold polarized version with their proprietary A/R coating. They should match the Desert Sage frames beautifully, and for $35 we'll see how they compare. With that said, one thing that scares me, honestly, is the price. I mean how can a set of lenses ACTUALLY be as high quality as Ikon claims for a measly $35. Don't worry, though, even if I end up loving the Ikon's, I'm still gonna do my best to aquire a set of genuine Oakley TIP lenses. Nothing can be as good as the real deal, in my opinion. :cool:
The Ikon lenses will not be wasted, they are not bad at all, unfortunately I do not have the equipment to check optical quality but seem OK from wearing them. As I have said recently on here, aftermarket just don't seem to have the:

1. The QC: Quality can vary. Ikon do seem quite consistent though.
2. Range: Base tint and colour options are limited. As you have found!
3. Functionality: Oakley has designed their ranges for specific roles in mind. Most if not all aftermarket lenses are primarily approaching things from a fashion angle.

In the grand scheme of things they are priced competitively for what you get. If nothing else you can use them as beater lenses :)

Ikon's 24Ks are actually very good imho. Tint when viewing through them is somewhere between Oakley's Titanium and VR28 tint wise. I prefer OEM, but for some frames aftermarket is a good option.

Latest Posts

Back