• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gas Can SI's - My Predicament - Kinda Pissed @ Oakley

Ikon's 24Ks are actually very good imho. Tint when viewing through them is somewhere between Oakley's Titanium and VR28 tint wise. I prefer OEM, but for some frames aftermarket is a good option.

Well, good. At least I know they're not junk!

Ikon's 24Ks are actually very good imho. Tint when viewing through them is somewhere between Oakley's Titanium and VR28 tint wise. I prefer OEM, but for some frames aftermarket is a good option.

Thanks for the info, man. I asked before and nobody said much about them. Now I've got some details!

The Ikon lenses will not be wasted, they are not bad at all, unfortunately I do not have the equipment to check optical quality but seem OK from wearing them. As I have said recently on here, aftermarket just don't seem to have the:

1. The QC: Quality can vary. Ikon do seem quite consistent though.
2. Range: Base tint and colour options are limited. As you have found!
3. Functionality: Oakley has designed their ranges for specific roles in mind. Most if not all aftermarket lenses are primarily approaching things from a fashion angle.

In the grand scheme of things they are priced competitively for what you get. If nothing else you can use them as beater lenses :)

Awesome. Again, I appreciate your expertise!

For anyone inyerested, I received my 24K mirrored/polarized, anti-refective coated Ikon lenses today. I'm VERY surprised at the quality of these lenses, especially for only costing $35 shipped. Looking through them, they look literally identical to the stock Tungsten Iridium non-polarized lenses, with the only difference being the obvious polarization of the Ikon's. The clarity is just as good, the polarization is also just as good as the polarization of my other Oakley polarized lenses, the anti-reflective coating is quite obviously seen when looking at the inside of them, and they fit my Gas Can frames just as good, if not better, than the factory Oakley lenses did. The factory lenses had some very minimal "play" when installed in the frames. With the Ikon lenses, that play doesn't exist. As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. If all of Ikon's aftermarket lenses are this great, than they're on the right track!

Don't worry, I'm still trying my hardest to aquire a set of the factory Oakley Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses I've wanted from the get-go. I'll just have to keep hunting and calling Oakley once a week, or so...

Last edited:
For anyone inyerested, I received my 24K mirrored/polarized, anti-refective coated Ikon lenses today. I'm VERY surprised at the quality of these lenses, especially for only costing $35 shipped. Looking through them, they look literally identical to the stock Tungsten Iridium non-polarized lenses, with the only difference being the obvious polarization of the Ikon's. The clarity is just as good, the polarization is also just as good as the polarization of my other Oakley polarized lenses, the anti-reflective coating is quite obviously seen when looking at the inside of them, and they fit my Gas Can frames just as good, if not better, than the factory Oakley lenses did. The factory lenses had some very minimal "play" when installed in the frames. With the Ikon lenses, that play doesn't exist. As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. If all of Ikon's aftermarket lenses are this great, than they're on the right track!

Don't worry, I'm still trying my hardest to aquire a set of the factory Oakley Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses I've wanted from the get-go. I'll just have to keep hunting and calling Oakley once a week, or so...
Told you they weren't bad for the money! I am really glad you like them.

If you could I would really like to see a photo through the lens to see what colour the world is through those lenses. Also, it would be nice if you let us how well they hold up over time (lens coatings...etc).

If you could I would really like to see a photo through the lens to see what colour the world is through those lenses. Also, it would be nice if you let us how well they hold up over time (lens coatings...etc).

Double post. See post below...

Last edited:

You were absolutely right. GREAT deal for the money! And looking through the the lenses, they look IDENTICAL to the Tungsten Iridium lenses that came with this pair of Gas Can's. Of course, if you're not familiar with Oakley's Tungsten Iridium lenses, than that description isn't going to help you. Lol.

As far as a picture, I haven't a clue how to post a picture online, so if you'd like to PM me with your cell phone number I'd be more than happy to take a picture looking through the Ikon lenses on a nice and bright sunny day like today and text it to you. At least here in Maryland it's nice and sunny! Lol. Also, I'd be more than happy to send you any other pictures you might like to see. :)

Last edited:
Hey glad you bit the bullet on the ikon Lenses. Awsome to hear you like them. Don't give up hope on those TIP. If anything someone might be able to cut one for you later.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back