• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gascan Lens Fit

one2gofst

Oakley Beginner
I own two pairs of Gascans a crystal black/black iridium and a polished white/JIP. This morning I swapped the lenses. Removing the lenses from both pair was relatively easy, with perhaps the black pair being a little easier. Inserting the BI lenses is to the white frames was also easy. However, getting e JIP lenses into e black frames was considerably more difficult. Am I missing something? Now that they are in and seem secure is there going to be any harm leaving them in place? I should note that while they are bother the same model Gascan, the black pair is "Made in USA" versus no such text on the white pair. Hopefully it is just a variation in tolerances and no issue. Thanks.

Lol, btw I didn't mean to infer I was going to shank anyone. That should have read "Thank you." And thank you as well.

Has anyone had any experience either putting polarised lenses into the limited edition 3D GASCAN variant or putting 3D lenses into a regular set of GASCAN's? I'm almost afraid to "use the force" on my limited editions...
The 3D Gascans are not the same frame or lens as the sunglass Gascans. The lens from the sunglass is a loose for in the 3D model. Absolutely not recommended.

Sorry Reece Aust, But do you have first hand experience of this? Because according to another member here, several members here AND the American Oakley website... "The Gascan 3D are regular Gascan Frames" and the lenses CAN be swapped?

Have you confused this with something else, or are saying the lens thickness comes into play and it's not a "perfect fit" ?