• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gascans Too Wide

brownnugen

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Gascan Desert glasses and they are so wide that they will slip off my face. I realize it is pretty much all plastic, but is there anything that can be done to make them a little tighter to the sides of my face?

Thanks,
-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
i know some glasses shops have that heating machine (basically a fancy hair dryer) to hea tthe frames and bend them abit. i personally dont like that..

there is always the frogskin trick- drop some superglue in the hinge-stop and let it dry. the extra material will mean the earstems cant open as far and keeps it tighter on your head..

you could get a set of inserts to put in between the legs and the frame that stop the motion a little early so they fit more snug. I've seen them on ebay before.

On ebay there is a seller who has made foam inserts that assist in making them tighter. I am sure a trip to the hobby store and using one sided sticky hobby form will do the same thing. Basically you will cut small tabs to fit wear the hinges seat into the frame on each side. Escentially it pushes the temples closer to your face.

I just emailed the seller, but with the Desert color, I am wondering whether black or white would be less visibly noticeable when put in. The feedback is generally positive, so it seems worth the $6 to try.

i know some glasses shops have that heating machine (basically a fancy hair dryer) to hea tthe frames and bend them abit. i personally dont like that..

there is always the frogskin trick- drop some superglue in the hinge-stop and let it dry. the extra material will mean the earstems cant open as far and keeps it tighter on your head..

The heating trick doesn't work on O-matter frames. You can only use it at the acetate frames...

I posted a question to the ebay seller about how noticeable they would be with my Desert Gascans. Based on his reply (below), I just bought a set in black:

"These Adjusters are made to be concealed on the interior dimensions of the framework. When the sunglasses are folded open and on your face, the Adjusters are almost unnoticable. With the tan colored Gascans, you could either use the Black or White Adjusters. In the past, I've used White Adjusters on my black sunglasses without any notice. If you use all 4 foam adhesives at once, there is a chance that some of the Black or White might be seen. Most likely not enough to take away from the appearance of these unique sunglasses. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your interest,
Dylan"

Back