• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gearbox acting weird... maybe? Or is the battery low?

A little off topic...... now that Oakley has closed it's watch division...(bar some holiday releases).... I think that a good watchsmith will mos def become a handy guy to know and have around........

I'm sure the Warranty dep will service.the watches up to a certain future point... but after that..... I think the a good watch Smith will become a go to guy for my Oakley watches......
Like I said before, I wouldnt pay Oakley $5 to watch my fukkin' cat.

My HollowPoint just died..... Not the battery either. All hands would only "Zero" out at 2:00. Would drop 10 minutes behind every hour. Luckily a buddy swapped it out at the Vault he works at. Dodged a MAJOR bullet there.

Sounds like a bad movement to me

make sure they pressure test it after replacing the battery
Whooo, man... I will Never take my watches in the water. I took my 12 gauge to my local guru to get the battery replaced, and asked him about this. He said if it is out of warranty, dont take it in the water. He said even with all the seals functioning properly, there are so many possible entry points for water.

Whooo, man... I will Never take my watches in the water. I took my 12 gauge to my local guru to get the battery replaced, and asked him about this. He said if it is out of warranty, dont take it in the water. He said even with all the seals functioning properly, there are so many possible entry points for water.

True but making sure it is water resistant will help with any water, say washing your hands ect...

Last edited:
Yeah, but, from shock damage? Magnetic fields? Or just a flawed movement?
Capture.PNG

Latest Posts

Back