• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gearbox Broken Or Need New Battery?

ericforman

I should Work at Oakley
Idaho
So I noticed today when I put my watch on to go get dinner that the seconds hand is moving in chunks of 4-5 seconds every 4-5 seconds. The time it's displaying is accurate. Do you guys know if my watch is broken or if it just needs a new battery?
Here's a video of it.

Last edited:
Found the answer to this on a watch forum. Needs a new battery. I'll leave this for anyone that needs it though.

So I noticed today when I put my watch on to go get dinner that the seconds hand is moving in chunks of 4-5 seconds every 4-5 seconds. The time it's displaying is accurate. Do you guys know if my watch is broken or if it just needs a new battery?
Here's a video of it.

Mine just did that about a month ago...bought my watch in early 2012, so had it about 3 to 3.5 years now. I got the battery replaced and its good as new. I guess Oakley didnt advertise this "low-battery indicator" feature like some of its newer models...unless it wasnt really a feature, just happens to do it...lol

Mine just did that about a month ago...bought my watch in early 2012, so had it about 3 to 3.5 years now. I got the battery replaced and its good as new. I guess Oakley didnt advertise this "low-battery indicator" feature like some of its newer models...unless it wasnt really a feature, just happens to do it...lol
On that forum post they said that it is a feature on a lot of high end watches.

Just to follow up, heres a shot of the inside of a gearbox. It says "EOL" under swiss meaning end of life battery indicator

rondaswiss_zps2e7b3394.jpg

Back