• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gearbox Problems

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Can anyone fix my Gearbox? The crown won't screw down, and worse, I replaced the battery and now its running backwards.
Anybody?

I did replace the battery myself. Have replaced batteries many times over the years, weird this happened. Any Ideas? My watch knowledge goes as far as replacing a battery, but I guess it seems it doesn't even go that far now.

Never replaced one myself. Always take my watches to jeweler since seems lots can go wrong .but if time is going backwards you should be getting younger? Lol

LOL I wish. Really hassle taking this to a watch shop these day. Was hoping an expert on here could help me.
Again...ANYBODY?

I personally haven’t messed with one but most typically you may have caused some
Movement to the stator which will then affect the gravity of pull or whatever you want to call it causing the clock to run counter clock wise. Typically needs a new movement as I don’t think there is any reset or such to it. Most likely impossible to set it back to perfect if it did get moved.

If the cost of repair is too much, you may be able to part it out and put the funds towards an Automatic. No more battery woes =)
15991064502958436367429975575512.jpg

Back