• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gearbox repair

joerktect

Oakley Beginner
repair needed on a quartz gearbox. Anybody have a good lead? while I'm at it, can you put an automatic movement into a previously quartz Gearbox?

The tab? This is a picture of a blade watch movement. Are you talking about the plastic tab under the battery(green arrow) or the metal piece that makes contact with the battery(red arrow)?

Screenshot_20211020-124634_Gallery.jpg

back to my original question . . . anybody know a repair person who wont be confused by the reverse crown location?

back to my original question . . . anybody know a repair person who wont be confused by the reverse crown location?
That won't confuse a watch repair expert. Quartz movements are simple. If they can't source replacement parts for the movement Oakley used, they may have to replace the movement with a generic one.
Switching to Automatic may be more effort than it's worth.

Switching to an auto movement would require a few parts. New stem, the auto movement holder, on the quartz movement its plastic. The auto used a metal ring designed for the gearbox, and a new case back. The auto case back is designed to hold the ring around the movement secure.

Latest Posts

Back