• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Gen 1 FMJ W, FMJ 45mm Gunmetal Eye Jackets

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hello O-Family. I've decided to start compiling my Eye Jacket collection. I'm looking for the for the following pairs only (for now):

GEN 1

1. FMJ W w/+Red Iridium
2. FMJ 45mm Gunmetal

Also looking for gen 1 FMJ 5.56 arms.

For now that's it. Condition needs to be wearable. All icons need to be in good shape, both on the nose and on the ear stems, and the lenses need to be at least 8/10. If you have boxes, great! If not, no worries I don't need them. I wear everything I own so I don't need them to be complete. Please pm me anything you may have and hopefully we can work something out.

Thanks for looking gang. I'm hoping I can net some of these!

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Just to clarify, do you mean Eye Jackets (square hinge) and New Eye Jackets (round hinge)?

Or do you mean Eye Jackets Gen 1 (no writing on the inner arms and first O-matter formula) and Eye Jackets gen 2 ("jacket" written on the left arm, "MADE IN THE USA" on the right, and second O-matter formula) both with square hinges.

Not trying to be a ****, some collectors are very particular. I didn't care what gen or version I got as long as it was a proper colorway.

Didn't I have the Gen 2 FMJ you are looking for?

Username Hidden said:
Didn't I have the Gen 2 FMJ you are looking for?
Possibly. PM me, I recently cleared my inbox.

By gen 1 I mean the icon on the ear stem is raised with the square hinge. By gen 2 I mean the icon is recessed into the ear stem and has the round hinge.

Gen 2 FMJ 5.56 found thanks to @Oakley for life! List updated. Let's get those Gen 2 Cobalts and Gen 1 FMJ Ws people!

Ttt

Bizzump

I might also have that cobalt one. I will check. I also saw one on ebay today.

Username Hidden said:
I might also have that cobalt one. I will check. I also saw one on ebay today.
I have the gen 1 Cobalt which is pretty easy to come by. It's the 2nd gen that's elusive. It's the one that has the recessed icons like the FMJ 5.56 you sent me. Thanks for looking @Oakley for life!

And @Oakley for life comes through again! Gen 2 Cobalts obtained! Thank you kind sir!