• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Gen 1 Frogs set

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
yes I’m aware. I’m a huge froggy collector.
Have a few gen 1s. But I’m trying to keep everything original.

yes just personally I’d replace all the lenses

Cool cool. Hit me up with when ready. Honestly got a few interest but nothing concrete yet.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
im trying to see if my brother would buy one of the pairs
Also I want to see if I can source new gen 1 lenses

that is the contingency. Def interested!

just don’t need all three
I don't think they ever offered replacements lenses at the time for the Gen.1..
Although every polarized Gen.3 lenses I've put in my Gen.1 fit fit better than non-polar counterpart. The Gen.4 (snappy hinges) non-polars seem to fit better for w/e reason.

Username Hidden said:
yes I’m aware. I’m a huge froggy collector.
Have a few gen 1s. But I’m trying to keep everything original.

yes just personally I’d replace all the lenses
I might be interested in a pair if you make a deal on the set. I thought gen3/4 lenses did fit gen 1 but not gen 2. I may have that backwards.

Username Hidden said:
I might be interested in a pair if you make a deal on the set. I thought gen3/4 lenses did fit gen 1 but not gen 2. I may have that backwards.
You play russian roulette with half loaded gun, whenever you try to put anything other than a Gen.2 lens in a Gen.2 frame... I once got a set of Gen.3 pink ird in a Gen.2 frame, taking them out was a who different struggle. But you are correct with Gen.3/4 working in the Gen.1 for the most part.

Username Hidden said:
You play russian roulette with half loaded gun, whenever you try to put anything other than a Gen.2 lens in a Gen.2 frame... I once got a set of Gen.3 pink ird in a Gen.2 frame, taking them out was a who different struggle. But you are correct with Gen.3/4 working in the Gen.1 for the most part.
Yea I was pretty sure Gen 2 was a totally different animal. No aftermarket support either.

If you and him can reach an agreement or whatever. I wouldn’t mind breaking the set and shipping to each of you separately. Obviously it would only cost slightly more due to shipping etc.

Bump!

Bump! Open to offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.