• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 Frogskins lenses

Wolfgang77

Oakley Expert
QC
first of all I want to say thanks you all are a welcoming, interesting and very informative group. I am truly impressed with the collections. I am doing my research and seeking opinions from some of the experts.

I was unable to find a specific thread other than the lense sizes but Where do you all get Replacement lenses for Gen 1 Frogskins? Specifically violet iridium for crystal frames (unless there was a different color lens they came with). I know there are plenty of eBay ads and Oakley, didn’t know if anyone had a better outlet or a better lense that doesn’t come up on a quick search.

Thanks in advance

A452B478-9D5D-414B-9981-7240DC8300A5.jpeg

Gen 3 lenses should fit it fine. Done many replacements with Gen 3, all works. Soak the frame in hot water first. this old gen 1 frames were made of a softer plastic, so over the decades they shrank a little. just soak them in hot water, it will expand and make fitting the lenses easier.

Thanks, the first set I got it was a little difficult at first but I ran them in water and was very gentle.

Latest Posts

Back