• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 Juliets advise.

Stefan wardle

Oakley Beginner
UK
Hi.

I'm knew to the forum so hello, but not knew to Oakley Juliets.

I purchased a gen 1 set back when they were 1st released and sold them approx 10 years later and regretted it.

I purchased a new gen 2 set and have used them for the last 10 years and recently picked up another gen 1 set from a car boot recently for £1.

I have a few sets of spare lenses and would like to purchase more frames for a little display.

My questions is I've just spotted a set of Gen 1 Juliets with OG Ruby lenses with an X serial number on eBay in the US.

Can any advise if they are over priced and are they the elusive original limited X serial number run.

I haven't supplied the eBay item number as I know some forums don't allow links to eBay.

Regards Stefan (UK )

Hi.

I'm knew to the forum so hello, but not knew to Oakley Juliets.

I purchased a gen 1 set back when they were 1st released and sold them approx 10 years later and regretted it.

I purchased a new gen 2 set and have used them for the last 10 years and recently picked up another gen 1 set from a car boot recently for £1.

I have a few sets of spare lenses and would like to purchase more frames for a little display.

My questions is I've just spotted a set of Gen 1 Juliets with OG Ruby lenses with an X serial number on eBay in the US.

Can any advise if they are over priced and are they the elusive original limited X serial number run.

I haven't supplied the eBay item number as I know some forums don't allow links to eBay.

Regards Stefan (UK )

It's pretty much impossible to evaluate the pricing without any way of knowing what the pricing is.

It's okay in this forum to post an item number or a direct ebay link, as long as you're not doing it to advertise your own auction. Just be aware that doing so allows a bunch of other people to find, and potentially buy, the auction you're looking at.

Alternatively, you could copy the ebay pics then post them here asking "what's a fair price for this?" or "is $XXX overpriced for this?" Condition and completeness affects value so that's why it's important to include a better description than just "Gen 1 Ruby X serial"...

It's pretty much impossible to evaluate the pricing without any way of knowing what the pricing is.

It's okay in this forum to post an item number or a direct ebay link, as long as you're not doing it to advertise your own auction. Just be aware that doing so allows a bunch of other people to find, and potentially buy, the auction you're looking at.

Alternatively, you could copy the ebay pics then post them here asking "what's a fair price for this?" or "is $XXX overpriced for this?" Condition and completeness affects value so that's why it's important to include a better description than just "Gen 1 Ruby X serial"...

Thanks for the swift reply and advise.

The eBay item number is 322251332146.

They aren't cheap I know that but have done a little research and thiught the Seriel number wound be below 5000 to be the 1at gen originals.

Sorry to be so vague but I appreciate the advise

Regards Stefan

Thanks for the swift reply and advise.

The eBay item number is 322251332146.

They aren't cheap I know that but have done a little research and thiught the Seriel number wound be below 5000 to be the 1at gen originals.

Sorry to be so vague but I appreciate the advise

Regards Stefan

Super-way overpriced.

They are 1st gen because they lack an "A" or "B" suffix to indicate later gens (and I don't think that colorway even had 2nd or 3rd gen serials), but yes the "x-man movie release" pairs are only the first 5000 and these are not those.

It's a popular colorway but still worth much less than priced, like less than half, maybe around 1/3.

as kronin323 says- waaaay over priced. if you are keen to get a pair i would be inclined to hang around the forum and -when you meet the exchange criteria- put a 'would like to buy' add in the exchange section. i am sure someone would be willing to sell if your budget is that high!

welcome to the forum by the way - where about in the uk are you? i am in bridgwater, somerset.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

as kronin323 says- waaaay over priced. if you are keen to get a pair i would be inclined to hang around the forum and -when you meet the exchange criteria- put a 'would like to buy' add in the exchange section. i am sure someone would be willing to sell if your budget is that high!

welcome to the forum by the way - where about in the uk are you? i am in bridgwater, somerset.

Hi and thanks.

I'm in Warrington , Cheshire.

Yes I was just about to place a wanted add but noticed I need to have more posts , so looks like I need to waffle for a bit. Lol.

I'll stay clear of those then if there way over priced.

close to the vault at cheshire oaks, then...

sounds like you got a bargain at the boot sale. deals like that are very few and far between.

enjoy the forum and you'll soon get your post count up and two weeks isn't long to wait for access to the exchange. see you around!

I thought my £55 pair was a good buy, £1 at a car boot is verging on the ridiculous! Nicely done :)

close to the vault at cheshire oaks, then...

sounds like you got a bargain at the boot sale. deals like that are very few and far between.

enjoy the forum and you'll soon get your post count up and two weeks isn't long to wait for access to the exchange. see you around!

Yeah 20 mins from Cheshire oaks.

Cheers pal.

Speak laters.