• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 M Frame Replacement Parts?

LHG

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

Stumbled upon this forum searching the internets for replacement parts (lenses & earsocks) for my original generation 1 M frames. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Google & Amazon only show results for version 2.0 and newer, which don't fit the original frames.

Thanks!

M Frame Gen 1.0 was the best frame of ANY sunglasses made. Oakley messed up big time when they moved away from production or support for this model. Simply frustrated and disappointed in Oakley as a company today.
I'm looking for a M1 Gen 1.0 frame. Ebay is an option but not comfortable with authenticity and quality of the frames for sale.

M Frame Gen 1.0 was the best frame of ANY sunglasses made. Oakley messed up big time when they moved away from production or support for this model. Simply frustrated and disappointed in Oakley as a company today.
I'm looking for a M1 Gen 1.0 frame. Ebay is an option but not comfortable with authenticity and quality of the frames for sale.

How long do you believe they should have produced them? That design is 30 years old now.

People like me believed in Oakley 31 years ago! Back then, purchasing a pair of plastic sunglasses which cost over $150, took a leap of faith. I loved those glasses! The original pair bought in 1990 became my work glasses. A few years later, I purchased another M frame Pro, Heaters for motorcycle riding, and in 2010 another pair for dress/going out. To this day, people still give me grief for buying expensive Oakleys, they don’t get it. In recent years, the ear socks are need replacing, the nose pieces which have always been the weakest link are shot on all three pair. Other Oakley styles I’ve tried don’t fit me, nor do they protect my vision nor do they look as good as M Frame Pro Heaters. I’m over 6 foot, I ride motorcycle, other Oakleys I have purchased do not block the wind from my eyes. On me they look like little kid glasses! With that said, you obviously don’t understand my disappointment when Oakley discontinued the M Frame Pro and Heater product line, and offer ZERO inventory for parts. I would think Oakley would prefer their “longtime, loyal customers” NOT buy knock off Oakley parts?

Your question was, “How long should they have produced them?” I don’t know? Is every current product of Oakley as successful as the M Frame 1.0 Pro Heater? My post on this forum, was about locating authentic Oakley replacement parts.

“That design is 30 years old now.” I’m 62 years old. Today, the retro look is popular for sports cars, motorcycles, fashion… Vinyl records are making a come back because enough people realized, NEWER isn’t always better quality.

35 years ago Coke introduced; The New Coke to replace Classic Coke. Somebody thought it was a good idea!

People like me believed in Oakley 31 years ago! Back then, purchasing a pair of plastic sunglasses which cost over $150, took a leap of faith. I loved those glasses! The original pair bought in 1990 became my work glasses. A few years later, I purchased another M frame Pro, Heaters for motorcycle riding, and in 2010 another pair for dress/going out. To this day, people still give me grief for buying expensive Oakleys, they don’t get it. In recent years, the ear socks are need replacing, the nose pieces which have always been the weakest link are shot on all three pair. Other Oakley styles I’ve tried don’t fit me, nor do they protect my vision nor do they look as good as M Frame Pro Heaters. I’m over 6 foot, I ride motorcycle, other Oakleys I have purchased do not block the wind from my eyes. On me they look like little kid glasses! With that said, you obviously don’t understand my disappointment when Oakley discontinued the M Frame Pro and Heater product line, and offer ZERO inventory for parts. I would think Oakley would prefer their “longtime, loyal customers” NOT buy knock off Oakley parts?

Your question was, “How long should they have produced them?” I don’t know? Is every current product of Oakley as successful as the M Frame 1.0 Pro Heater? My post on this forum, was about locating authentic Oakley replacement parts.

“That design is 30 years old now.” I’m 62 years old. Today, the retro look is popular for sports cars, motorcycles, fashion… Vinyl records are making a come back because enough people realized, NEWER isn’t always better quality.

35 years ago Coke introduced; The New Coke to replace Classic Coke. Somebody thought it was a good idea!

I wasn’t suggesting newer is better. I wouldn’t buy a Lux pair if my life depended on it. The original m frames are made of old o matter and are very brittle so it’s a risk these days just wearing a pair of them to begin with. I would challenge you to find me a company that is still making lenses, nose pieces or any other replacement parts for a pair of sunglasses that was produced 30 years ago. I agree with you, the old m frames were one of the most recognizable pairs Oakley has made, but all good things come to an end, sadly.

If you’re looking for replacement parts for your m frame they are still out there. Bet you could find what you’re looking for here anyway.

Don't know what Lux pair is?
Don't have any brittle issues with my 20 year plus frames.
I don't need to be challenged, Oakley was many steps above the completion, the were innovative. I would want them to be the exception.
Thank you for agreeing with me about "NEW". I may have gotten the wrong impression; that you were defending Oakley's abandonment based on the age of product design.
Again, I can find replacement parts but they aren't new or they are genuine Oakley.

Don't know what Lux pair is?
Don't have any brittle issues with my 20 year plus frames.
I don't need to be challenged, Oakley was many steps above the completion, the were innovative. I would want them to be the exception.
Thank you for agreeing with me about "NEW". I may have gotten the wrong impression; that you were defending Oakley's abandonment based on the age of product design.
Again, I can find replacement parts but they aren't new or they are genuine Oakley.

Yea didn’t mean it to come off that way. I HATE luxottica (who bought out Oakley in 2007). Won’t touch a pair they had their mits on. Maybe we’re talking about two different pairs. Do you have a first gen m frame (Mumbo) or are you talking about the new m frames (99+)

There is always the 2018 Reissue Mumbo :D

stronger than the gen 1 and 2 frames but still different than the pro m and new m

image.jpg

Back