• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 Plasma Ice - No serial

gulfstream

I should Work at Oakley
England
Any information on this at all. Seen what look to be a fair pair of Juliet Gen 1 but with no serial number, no markings ??? Were there any produced like this at all. I believe there were X Metal finish no serial (1999 ish) but don't know about Plasmas.

Cheers guys

image_17.jpg

image_16.jpg

image_15.jpg

image_14.jpg

Last edited:
wow. definitely first gen and not a refinish. never heard of that!

casting marks near the hinge end of the arm would say to me they were first gen. maybe the serial has simply worn off??

zooming into pic 4, can a serial be just made out?? it would be good to see another picture (macro if pos) focused on where the serial would have been....

Could have worn off I guess althought the glasses look to have had light 'ish' use I dont have any more pics I'm afraid, I have been after possibly buying this pair.

Yeah I can't see your pics (work network blocks image hosts) but 1st gen plasma and Ti sometimes had problems with the serial fading, as mentioned. I have a 1st gen Ti like that.

Try looking carefully from an off angle, reflecting light where the serial should be. Sometimes you can still see a ghost of it...

Yeah I can't see your pics (work network blocks image hosts) but 1st gen plasma and Ti sometimes had problems with the serial fading, as mentioned. I have a 1st gen Ti like that.

Try looking carefully from an off angle, reflecting light where the serial should be. Sometimes you can still see a ghost of it...

We can't have you getting in the habit of working at work. Reposted.
image_14.jpg
image_15.jpg
image_16.jpg
image_17.jpg

So just a stupid question, Did just the 1st gens have that rougher, kind of matte finish or did other generations have it also?

Latest Posts

Back