• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen Xer's are aging what about their collections?

I have given the names and personal contact information of several of my friends here to my wife and son, in the event that something necessitated them to understand the value of what’s in the Oakley cabinets.
I feel this is one of the best answers to this dilemma. Have the contact info of a friend, who is deep into the hobby as well, noted in multiple places to help when the time comes.

I would also confer with the person beforehand. Wouldn’t want to blindside them with both, “your friend is dead” and “he told me to have you help sell everything”

Some of my relatives are savages. When my uncle passed away this February a week after getting the Coof jab, we learned he never finalized his will. He was always putting it off every year because he "felt healthy." But when death came unexpectedly, a week later his apartment was cleaned out. I know for a fact that he had 4 pairs of Oakley's among other things like his watches and rings. His estranged kids and wife came out of nowhere and took everything.

If I had a big collection, I wouldn't be able to trust anyone else, only my sister.

But then again...

Capture+_2020-02-03-17-54-38.png

Some of my relatives are savages. When my uncle passed away this February a week after getting the Coof jab, we learned he never finalized his will. He was always putting it off every year because he "felt healthy." But when death came unexpectedly, a week later his apartment was cleaned out. I know for a fact that he had 4 pairs of Oakley's among other things like his watches and rings. His estranged kids and wife came out of nowhere and took everything.

If I had a big collection, I wouldn't be able to trust anyone else, only my sister.

But then again...

View attachment 921094
When people die, they worst comes out in others.......... also in non relatives.
When my grandma died something like that happened:

i could not get hold of her when i called her, i got very worried so i called the city's home care dept. those are the ones that once a week took care of cleaning her home, they also had the key to her home....... they went over there, called me and said they found her dead....... 😞

me and my mom rushed over there, and much later that night when we sat alone, and my grandma had been taken away, we noticed one thing was missing, a lady bag my grandma had for 40 years, it was the one she kept all her savings in, i would guess there was about the equivalent of $25.000 in it.

And there was nothing we could do, we had no proof, no photos of the bag, no evidence what so ever.... but it was clear that one of the home care workers took the bag, and placed it somewhere before me and my mom got there.

It was an old beautiful dark green bag with embroidery patches that my grandma made herself, to make matters worse.

I hope karma got to the person who did it.

Latest Posts

Back