• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

General pricing question

Assuming they'll always have an "O" cut into them?
No. Unless they are a special edition (Ducati, etc) or polarized there should be no etching. Polaozrized should be on only one lens in all caps. No other markings on the lens. For some reason the last few weeks I’ve seen multiple seller list them as polarized and they were not actually polarized.

Once you have the lenses there are ways to verify they are OEM such as being thicker and smooth on the edges. There other post that go into that detail. Typically if you ask they will often tell you if they are not. For some collectors, they do not care if they are OEM but it does effect the value.

Obvious newbie here looking to get into Juliets or Pennys(narrow face). I am looking to wear whatever I buy daily. Is it generally better to just buy a beater frame and go through the different forum members to tuning/rebuilds recoating/lenses vs buying an outright "original" pair? Hope my question makes sense.

Obvious newbie here looking to get into Juliets or Pennys(narrow face). I am looking to wear whatever I buy daily. Is it generally better to just buy a beater frame and go through the different forum members to tuning/rebuilds recoating/lenses vs buying an outright "original" pair? Hope my question makes sense.
Depends, are you going to wear them, or display them

It all depends on price.

Tune ups are $40-$60
Rubber kits are $10-$50
Lenses are $60-$100

A full tune and refinish could cost you up over $150 depending on who does it and what finish you go with.

Factor all that into each frame as you consider it.

I look at it like this, if I see a Juliet under $150 I'm in as long as its not ****ed up. I can tune it myself and cut my own lenses and have more rubber kits than an Oakley store so I can afford to go a little more on the frame and still have a relatively low priced Juliet when done. If the price is over $250, for me at least, it better be a serial matched set or something special. If I see a Penny I just text @Wicked lol

It all depends on price.

Tune ups are $40-$60
Rubber kits are $10-$50
Lenses are $60-$100

A full tune and refinish could cost you up over $150 depending on who does it and what finish you go with.

Factor all that into each frame as you consider it.

I look at it like this, if I see a Juliet under $150 I'm in as long as its not ****ed up. I can tune it myself and cut my own lenses and have more rubber kits than an Oakley store so I can afford to go a little more on the frame and still have a relatively low priced Juliet when done. If the price is over $250, for me at least, it better be a serial matched set or something special. If I see a Penny I just text @Wicked lol
Thank you. That kind of puts it into perspective. I still have a lot to learn. My luck I will fall in love with Pennys over Juliets for my face type.

I recommend going with the classic Juliet. Don’t worry about the box and just get a pair of x metal finish and pick a lens. That will probably keep your cost lower than a penny or other frames.

Back