• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

General pricing question

Penny was made for a few years while Juliet was made for over a decade. That means Juliet prices will generally be lower due to volume.

Penny nosebombs will be at the higher end of that rubber price list and they have spring hinges. That’s a whole new thing to worry about. Pain in the ass from what I understand.

Penny was made for a few years while Juliet was made for over a decade. That means Juliet prices will generally be lower due to volume.

Penny nosebombs will be at the higher end of that rubber price list and they have spring hinges. That’s a whole new thing to worry about. Pain in the ass from what I understand.
Ironically I was just at an oakley store earlier tonight. I was talking to them about penny’s because I am hoping to find suitable OEM nose bridge substitute for the penny nose bomb. One of the threads on here mentioned flak & Half jacket original versions fits it. I was testing it out. He brought Up the whole spring issues in all the glasses that have them but mentioned that it doesn’t impact the penny’s because they have a bolt in it. So that’s one positive assuming it’s correct. The rest of the glasses half-x, tail end , etc eventually break and cannot be fixed.

Ironically I was just at an oakley store earlier tonight. I was talking to them about penny’s because I am hoping to find suitable OEM nose bridge substitute for the penny nose bomb. One of the threads on here mentioned flak & Half jacket original versions fits it. I was testing it out. He brought Up the whole spring issues in all the glasses that have them but mentioned that it doesn’t impact the penny’s because they have a bolt in it. So that’s one positive assuming it’s correct. The rest of the glasses half-x, tail end , etc eventually break and cannot be fixed.
@Wicked would have to correct me but I think the penny is just like the rest. There is a dude on eBay that has made aftermarket spring hinges for them though so it’s doable.

You get the hang of it overtime.
It takes quite some time.

I'd say that carbon juliets with original 9/10 lenses and a wearable nosebridge would be worth around $200. A good price is anything south of that. A bad price would be anything. > $230 imho.

If nosebridge is loose, take off $75 for a tuneup.

@Wicked would have to correct me but I think the penny is just like the rest. There is a dude on eBay that has made aftermarket spring hinges for them though so it’s doable.
Those are for the Hatchet which is different than the Penny hinge. If you break a Penny hinge you have to find a donor frame to get parts from :(

Thanks for all the info regarding the Penny vs Juliet. Hope to meet up with some local Oakley enthusiast to at least try on a pair of Juliets and go from there.

Latest Posts

Back