• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine Juliet Lenses

Really? Wow I did not know that as I'm not a big Polarized wearer. Companies are getting better everyday reproducing O....

Yes sir. Can barely see the polarized word on the front of Juliet FIP. Then again, i forgot to click subscribe on the thread and I could not find it to support my answer lol.

Last edited:
Turn the lens 45 deg and look at your computer screen, if the screen dissapears they are in fact polarized.as far as actual oem lenses...hmmmm I would measure the thickness compaired to known oem lenses, thats usually the only way to know for sure.

1. test to polarization with the above method. a cheap polarization filter will not completely black-out the lcd screen at 45degrees.

2. oakley has done etching both inside and outside of the lens, so thats not a reliable way to tell

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I did the 45 degree test, and as it turns on the lens that says Polarized on it is actually polarized, but the other lens is NOT. After comparing it to a known pair of Ice Polar lenses, it seems that the Polarized one is indeed OEM and the other is after market.

My assumption was that at some point someone mixed after market and legit lenses up and that's that how one of each ended up in these frames.

Check ebay sellers feedback and see if he had any issues with things like that in the past. Could of been an honest mistake or he could be one of those horror story guys. Contact him and let him know. Leaving a negative feedback is a valuable tool but before doing so try to work it out

U can also take another known polarized lens and hold them up looking through both at same time then slightly turn farthest lens all the way to 90 degree and see if somewhere along that turn the screen or really just the view in general changes to black

The font on the OEM lenses is different compared to aftermarket ones. Also try installing the lense and look at the letter "I" on the word "Polarized", it should align with the rubber eye orbital where you screw the lenses in after installing.

Latest Posts

Back