• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine X-Metal Juliet? Also condition questions.

kartoon

Oakley Beginner
Hi.

A few years ago, a friend gave me a pair of Oakleys that he no longer wanted. I never really wore them, so now I am thinking about putting them on ebay or something. It turns out though, that I know nothing about them.

I am pretty sure that they are X-Metal Juliets made after 2004 because they have no serial number on the left ear piece. I think that they are the X-Metal titanium frames with fire lenses. The rubber appears to be in good shape, the legs stay in place when held up and are not too loose, and there is a little play in the nosepiece, but not too much. The lenses are definitely scratched and pitted, but it does not seem to noticeable to me when worn. The frames have no discernible scratches.

My questions finally - Are these authentic? I am 99% certain they are, because the guy who gave them to me wasn't the type to buy anything other than real from a licensed dealer.

Am I correct in suggesting that these are in fairly good condition, save for the lenses, from what you can tell by the pictures?

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

IMAG2108.jpg
IMAG2114.jpg
IMAG2110.jpg
IMAG2107.jpg
IMAG2109.jpg

Its hard to tell condition from the pictures. They appear to be genuine plasma Juliets with fire lenses. You are missing the nose rubber pieces by the way.

These appear to be authentic Juliet's. As mentioned above, you are missing the nose bombs. U should be able to pick some up pretty easily, and I would suggest doing so if u plan on selling them. Hope it helps.

I see many people post ratings from 1-10 on different aspects of the glasses that they post up for sale. Is there a post that I'm missing that explains how to rate a pair of these to help in determining their value?

I see many people post ratings from 1-10 on different aspects of the glasses that they post up for sale. Is there a post that I'm missing that explains how to rate a pair of these to help in determining their value?

Unfortunately no, there are no formal, or even informal, published guidelines on how to rate - people who've been at it for a while tend to come up with similar ratings, but otherwise it's very subjective. A good practice is to explain why you rate it at that number (i.e. "small mark on outside of left lens not in direct view of wearer") to lessen the ambiguity.

Thanks kronin323. I've been trying to figure out how the pros do it before I post up a pair for sale. Are there people here that I can send a private message to with pictures that would evaluate mine before I post them for sale. I don't want to offend someone by asking too much but I'd like to get a fair price for them.

Also sorry Kartoon I don't mean to sidetrack your thread but I can't post new threads yet because I'm too new. Good luck with yours.

Latest Posts

Back