• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Genuine X-Metal Juliet? Also condition questions.

Thanks kronin323. I've been trying to figure out how the pros do it before I post up a pair for sale. Are there people here that I can send a private message to with pictures that would evaluate mine before I post them for sale. I don't want to offend someone by asking too much but I'd like to get a fair price for them.

Just post them in the value thread with pics and be as descriptive as possible:

Value Thread Ask About Prices Here | Oakley Forum

Unfortunately no, there are no formal, or even informal, published guidelines on how to rate - people who've been at it for a while tend to come up with similar ratings, but otherwise it's very subjective. A good practice is to explain why you rate it at that number (i.e. "small mark on outside of left lens not in direct view of wearer") to lessen the ambiguity.
OR... And I know this is asking a lot... Just describe the damn things accurately. Look for the tiniest flaws and make note of them and communicate the condition clearly to perspective buyers. I know the easy/lazy way is to just say 10/10, LNIB, etc but that really doesn't tell you much. I don't buy many Oakleys brand new but even I've had pairs with scuffs on the frames, nicks and scratches on lenses, squeaky hinges, loose arms, etc, etc, etc.

Granted I used to take the easy way and just rate out of 10, but that's only setting up your buyer for disappointment when they spot something you missed yet rated it flawless or at a higher rating than they would. Maybe other people can hand over $100, $200, $500, or more a lot easier than I can but for my money I'd at least appreciate you taking more than 2 minutes to guess at condition.

Alright I'm done with the soap box, who wants it next?

OR... And I know this is asking a lot... Just describe the damn things accurately. Look for the tiniest flaws and make note of them and communicate the condition clearly to perspective buyers. I know the easy/lazy way is to just say 10/10, LNIB, etc but that really doesn't tell you much. I don't buy many Oakleys brand new but even I've had pairs with scuffs on the frames, nicks and scratches on lenses, squeaky hinges, loose arms, etc, etc, etc.

Granted I used to take the easy way and just rate out of 10, but that's only setting up your buyer for disappointment when they spot something you missed yet rated it flawless or at a higher rating than they would. Maybe other people can hand over $100, $200, $500, or more a lot easier than I can but for my money I'd at least appreciate you taking more than 2 minutes to guess at condition.

Alright I'm done with the soap box, who wants it next?

This is great information. I'll take lots of photos and describe them as best as possible. This will be my first transaction on this form so I just wanted to make sure I was going about it the right way. I'll post up a bunch of photos in the what are these worth thread and go from there. I appreciate the help fellas.

I don't really know it is own colour. I want to make send to xmen for x metal finish so color it's not a problem. Only problem is that they genuine.

Well then like I said, a pic of inside the nosebridge would be definitive but from what can be seen everything looks genuine.

Latest Posts

Back