• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting Back In The Swing

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
With the new year comes a renewed interest in our favorite brand. I don't know about all of you but the last month or so I've been a little more sparse on the forum, checking eBay less often, and generally losing a bit of the drive.

But as of today I've got the bug again. Won a sentimental black/fire Four S today, but got sniped on my dream pair of blades (yellow trigger stems, black frame, orange blade lens).

Since then I've spent more time on eBay than in the last 3 weeks combined I bet, and looking for deals on 5-6 new frames I don't have a sample of in my collection. Bad news for the wallet as Christmas bills are coming due!

Mine is an enabler. And so is my bestest Vault store manager. And so are all the other people I know at Oakley.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO PART US WITH OUR HARD EARNED $$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That happens to me, to be honest. I get pretty into the groove of things, then I'll lose interest for a bit then something will catch my eye and I'll be all in again. I thinks it's cyclical just like pretty much everything else in life, and probably healthier that way really. The key is to enjoy the enthusiastic times and not spas out and sell everything during the times of less interest :)
No regrets!

I'm going to the mall to look for some shoes tomorrow, and there's a Vault there. I may end up spending some money on rubber kits or something. Gotta try on some wire pairs I'm eyeing (Rossi deviation, '12 crosshair). And I need a small white icon sticker, all I have is black.

Having had Oakley's in the past, I'm now using Oakley's again. Flak jacket for now but there are a few other ones I want to add. Only thing keeping me from getting them is that I'll have to get them with prescription lenses and it's going to cost too much :( One thing I can do is get different color flak jacket frames only so I can swap them depending on my mood, I might just do that :D I'm too broke lol

Having had Oakley's in the past, I'm now using Oakley's again. Flak jacket for now but there are a few other ones I want to add. Only thing keeping me from getting them is that I'll have to get them with prescription lenses and it's going to cost too much :( One thing I can do is get different color flak jacket frames only so I can swap them depending on my mood, I might just do that :D I'm too broke lol

Was enlightened by s_work! You can always wear contact lenses :) then there's no need for prescription lenses! Haha

Back