• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting high with Oakleys ;)

I saw a place like this on vacation. I didn't have time to go do it but I definitely would have.
I also want to do real sky diving. How do they compare?

Like the others posted, "They don't compare..."

But it was still fun.

That's gotta be a blast.

I wanna open a place like that here but it's crazy expensive

You wanna go halfsies? :cool-20:

They don't.

Hmmmm

Jumping out of a real plane thousands of feet in the air with an amazing view while possibly crashing to your death.

Just hovering mere feet off the ground in a safe wind tunnel where you can just get a few bruises or break a bone or two.

Yeah. They're slightly different. I would rather plummet to my death. Way more fun!!! :D

OakleyFrank "nailed" it. Doing real jumps are far more fun amd exciting. When that door opens amd you realize how far up you are, it takes your breath away.... Literally :eek:

I enjoy the freefall far more than the parachute ride down, too. So hitting an indoor skydive place is still a nice substitute, but the view and adrenalin rush does not even come close.

Like the others posted, "They don't compare..."

But it was still fun.

You wanna go halfsies? :cool-20:

OakleyFrank "nailed" it. Doing real jumps are far more fun amd exciting. When that door opens amd you realize how far up you are, it takes your breath away.... Literally :eek:

I enjoy the freefall far more than the parachute ride down, too. So hitting an indoor skydive place is still a nice substitute, but the view and adrenalin rush does not even come close.
Yes :spiteful:

Lol just saw this thread - nice coincidence, I just tried our local iFly yesterday, posted some pics in the WOAYWT thread...

The interiors look identical...

Yeah it was interesting, but I agree, actual skydiving is much more intense. The acrobatic tricks the instructors were pulling off while demo'ing solo, through, were awesome.

Upsells -

That thing where they take you up high into the tunnel on your 2nd flight, that's I think $10? They offer it to you when you check in, then again during flight training. Then they have the people who paid for it go first, so those who didn't buy it get to see it, then when it's your turn they offer it again. At that point it's too noisy to talk so they use hand signals and it's not clear that they're charging for it. But you can ignore them when they call out to settle up afterwards...

Then, if there's any time left at the end of the session they'll offer a 3rd flight for $20.

And then they offer a discount on a return package but only if you buy it while you're there. The tandem skydiving I've done before does the same thing. It's just trying to milk you the most they can in the heat of the moment (yes I realize the double entendre...)

They also push their advanced training packages, where you can learn to do some acrobatics.

Latest Posts

Back