• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses for car racing and driving

sundowner25

Oakley Beginner
I drive a race car at a a dirt track, and part of the evening it is pretty bright and sometimes as its going down its directly in my eyes. I would like a pair of glasses that obviously block the sun, but also something that can bring out a more clearer detail of the track and other cars. I also drive a decent amount to an from work daily so glasses that can double for my racing and commuting.
I have never owned oakley's and I see prizm and polorized, and occasionly both, wanted to see what people recommended. Thank you.

Do you wear an open face helmet? You’d need something with pretty slim stems to fit between the padding and your face. Take a load at Prizm Road and Trail - Road is meant for road riding and Trail for trail biking, one of those might well help.

Low sun is an issue though. Unfortunately no lens is going to block the sun while still letting you'd see details of the road the way you'd like.

Otherwise Prizm Road is a solid choice indeed. I think trail runs a bit brighter, but it might come down to experimenting or coming ready with both.

It's a closed face helmet. I ended up getting the jawbreakers. I like them. They fit inside my helmet, and they have great anti fog on the lenses. I got the ruby iridium polarized lenses on there right now. I like them, I might try some other lenses at some point to.

It's a closed face helmet. I ended up getting the jawbreakers. I like them. They fit inside my helmet, and they have great anti fog on the lenses. I got the ruby iridium polarized lenses on there right now. I like them, I might try some other lenses at some point to.

you got the greatest frames on earth.

lenses will be trial and error.

There's a ruby prizm with has a better contrast base than regular, but it's not polar like yours.

I was going to recommend the photochromic Flight Jackets. I bought them earlier this summer for on my Adventure bike (KTM 1190R) due to wearing a tinted lens during the day on my full faced helmet. But during dusk and at night I love how they change with the lighting conditions. Once its completely dark I just ride with an open visor and the Flight Jackets. I did this last year on a long ride (1000mile day) and left home at 3am wearing my SI M Frame 2.0 with my clear lenses. I hit a small snow storm and rain storm before sun up and my vision was impaired. My one dislike about the M Frames was the frame was touching my helmet, now with the Flight Jackets that's taken care of!

Back