• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

williams24

Oakley Beginner
If you’re a fisherman, you know how important it is to protect your eyes on long sunny days. And whether you’re fly fishing or deep open water fishing, Oakley sunglasses have you covered. From Prizm Lenses built for every condition to eyewear designed for fishing.
Keep reading as we review the best Oakley fishing sunglasses, plus the best lenses for fishing!

Best-Oakley-Fishing-Sunglasses-1024x665.jpg

What to look for in Oakley Fishing Sunglasses?
Knowing what features are great for fishing is essential if you’re buying Oakley fishing glasses. So we’re covering all the Oakley terms and tech you should know before buying!
Plus, the best lenses for fishing...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Best-Oakley-Fishing-Sunglasses-1024x665.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 224
    77.6 KB · Views: 100
    77.5 KB · Views: 102
    77.5 KB · Views: 104
    77.5 KB · Views: 87
    77.5 KB · Views: 47
    77.5 KB · Views: 41
    77.5 KB · Views: 34
    77.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to a rep. He said there is no great difference between the h2o and daily prizm polarized for fishing.

Any first hand input?

Just talked to a rep. He said there is no great difference between the h2o and daily prizm polarized for fishing.

Any first hand input?

Definitely go with the Prizm Shallow Water or Deep Water. The daily prizm polarized is a great lens, but not specifically tuned to the conditions of fishing. Let me put it this way, Daily Prizm is a top 5 fishing lens from Oakley... But I would choose several other lenses over using that one. I am from Michigan and benefit drastically from the shallow water prizm lens because of the conditions here/where I fish. BUT, I also have Deep Water H20 Prizm and it works excellent on really bright days.

Prizm is a technology based on a high quality camera that takes snapshots of light rays in various conditions and environments. That is how they were able to perfect the iridium and color contrasts used in Prizm lenses.

So whoever that rep is... EHHHHH... I would say there is a difference. I own all three lenses and use all three differently.

- Ben (Store #38, Grand Rapids)

Any of the polarized lenses that aren't too dark have worked well for me; Bronze, grey, VR28 and Amber black iridium polarized are the ones I've used. The darker lenses don't work as well imho.
I haven't daily prizm polarized, but I think it should do very well.

Darn, I am in Sweden and it is hard to find the deep /shallows here. Besides the holbrook model is the one i really like and that lens is not made for holbrook..

I can however pick up a pair of holbrook Daily prizm polarized tomorrow with employees discount + gift certificate for a good price, but I do want to spend my money on a very good pair of glasses

Any of the polarized lenses that aren't too dark have worked well for me; Bronze, grey, VR28 and Amber black iridium polarized are the ones I've used. The darker lenses don't work as well imho.
I haven't daily prizm polarized, but I think it should do very well.

Agreed... I also have a Flak Jacket of which I have 4 lenses ready for any light condition.... Deep Blue, VR28, etc.

Best pair of "fishing" glasses by far, courtesy of Dr. Chop Shop. It was one of his Black Baggers this year and purchased by someone on this forum. Others who know more about lenses for fishing have provided some great answers already. I'm just here for comic relief :gotcha:. Don't forget to tip your server and welcome to the forum :).

chopfish.jpg

Definitely go with the Prizm Shallow Water or Deep Water. The daily prizm polarized is a great lens, but not specifically tuned to the conditions of fishing. Let me put it this way, Daily Prizm is a top 5 fishing lens from Oakley... But I would choose several other lenses over using that one. I am from Michigan and benefit drastically from the shallow water prizm lens because of the conditions here/where I fish. BUT, I also have Deep Water H20 Prizm and it works excellent on really bright days.

Prizm is a technology based on a high quality camera that takes snapshots of light rays in various conditions and environments. That is how they were able to perfect the iridium and color contrasts used in Prizm lenses.

So whoever that rep is... EHHHHH... I would say there is a difference. I own all three lenses and use all three differently.

- Ben (Store #38, Grand Rapids)
Ben

On a completely different note, do you know of any good fly fishing waters near Holly, MI? i live in Sweden but some of my fathers childhood friends remain in that area, however they do not fish much.

i mainly fish trout, grayling and char

Back