• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

NSW #120 checking in…
1964 Sea & Ski Girl Watchers, my first sunglasses 👴

51602158602_3c057600c2_z.jpg

I own a pair of vintage Raybans from the 1980s manufactured by Bausch + Lomb. The quality of those is through the roof. Modern Luxxotica Raybans are sad in comparison. Bausch + Lomb set the bar sky high for optical glass when they made these. I bought them for a dollar from a dresser in a time capsule house estate sale. These are my pair. Notice the lack of branding.

I also have a pair of Dom Vetro sunglasses (when they were still made in the Italian Alps). Incredible optical glass and the quality of the frames is great. Fun fact, they were sourced from the company producing acetate since the 1800s and from a region producing optical for centuries longer.

If I could buy any glasses it would be a pair of Rigards, but maybe something less avant garde than these

Has anyone see these new Ray Ban “Smart glasses”? I wonder when Lux will start doing this for Oakley. -Personally I never thought it was a good idea to mix electronics with designer sunglasses, just because technology changes so fast, that these are probably already obsolete. As soon as Thump came out, I knew it wouldn’t do very well.

FA0AD5C1-BF8F-4739-94D0-45E8C90C2F4C.jpeg
EEE5267E-0E1F-43A5-B32A-163918B70284.png

Anybody here have any experience with Thierry Lasry? I’m thinking about picking up a pair of these.

Given, they are pricey, hence the reason why I ask if anybody has had any experience with this brand, as far as fit, quality and such.

E49021A9-C743-4CA8-8440-D1D6D85CF1FD.png

Nice. Lol you inspired me to order a pair of Randolph’s. Forgot all about them. Not as fancy as yours though 😆

Nice looking pair of glasses 👓
I found out about them with my time in the Air Force; the military actually has an NSN for them. I used to be a Ray-Ban guy for aviators and didn't give much consideration for them assuming most things issued are low quality, mass produced by the lowest bidder.
I picked up my first pair about 5 years ago after seeing Cruise rock them in American Made. I was instantly in love. Ray-Bans are trash compared to the quality of these. I loved them so much that when my car got looted a few years ago, I instantly went to eBay and bought another pair to replace the pair that was stolen.
You won't be disappointed.

IMG_20211104_214410376.jpg

Back