• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Global War On Terrorism Special Editions On SI

There's a difference between wearing a pair with stripes for the jersey colors for the top riders vs. wearing a pair with the ribbon from an earned medal for military service.

But I'll agree the design is a little bland. They've been making a lot of pairs with an orbital stripe, I do like the frame color but the ribbon's colors don't really look that good on a pair of glasses.
I think it's nice to recognize any and all sacrifice from our ( yours and anyone else's ) armed services ...

I think it would be cool if O would ship a pair to all whom have received this particular medal ... And not make for sale (even to SI 'public' )

I think it's nice to recognize any and all sacrifice from our ( yours and anyone else's ) armed services ...

I think it would be cool if O would ship a pair to all whom have received this particular medal ... And not make for sale (even to SI 'public' )
99% of the population will have no idea what the stripes mean. They'll just see an ugly pair.

I agree it would be cool to make it available only to those who earned the medal. But the requirements are pretty loose, it's pretty ubiquitous for anyone that's been deployed.

This pair is only inspired by the GWOT. The SI GWOT collection incorporates design features unique to the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Its not an official release for recipients. Same way the POW MIA pair and Breast cancer pair are for awareness.

I ordered the Fuel Cell. I dont think its bland at all and I also dont think you need the medal to wear it. Just as you dont need autism to wear the taca.

I ordered the Fuel Cell. I dont think its bland at all and I also dont think you need the medal to wear it. Just as you dont need autism to wear the taca.
I agree, no medal needed

However, it means that much more for those of us who did earn the medal.

Latest Posts

Back