• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Goggle identifier

MrsVal

Oakley Beginner
I’d be grateful if anyone knows which model these goggles are? Bought from an Oakley store so a genuine model, but several years back. I even wonder if they are an XS (youth fit) range as small - I don’t think I considered that when I was purchasing, just comfort and colour!
I would love to get new lenses as scratched these this year, and also would be good to get some for the sunny days too!
Might be too obsolete a model to get lenses, but in which case if I can identify them (particularly if they are youth fit or not) I can look at similar shape/size model that is more current.
Many thanks! Hope everyone is keeping safe and dreaming of when we can all go skiing again!

D4D8723B-8479-4FBA-A20B-242577155F56.jpeg

6881ADAE-5734-4ABA-9A96-500CE3BB8F07.jpeg

E42E5C90-CA60-4028-85D2-2CED043E7BE7.jpeg

I’d be grateful if anyone knows which model these goggles are? Bought from an Oakley store so a genuine model, but several years back. I even wonder if they are an XS (youth fit) range as small - I don’t think I considered that when I was purchasing, just comfort and colour!
I would love to get new lenses as scratched these this year, and also would be good to get some for the sunny days too!
Might be too obsolete a model to get lenses, but in which case if I can identify them (particularly if they are youth fit or not) I can look at similar shape/size model that is more current.
Many thanks! Hope everyone is keeping safe and dreaming of when we can all go skiing again!
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.40.55 AM.png

Model name is Elevate - attached are the exact model/lens you have.

At the time of production those were consider a Medium sized model... although if compared against the current model sizes they would be seen as rather small, or even possibly a youth model.

They've since been discontinued, for better half of the last decade at least. However I know Buckmans still has some lenses for this model, you may also try searching ebay or amazon... however not many retailers are likely to have much given how long the model has been discontinued.

Given Bucks' has lenses for them and for fairly decent discount, I say if the size of them doesn't bother you and they aren't falling apart (vent foam torn/missing or facial foam separating from frame) you might as well grab some replacements and rock an em till you can't no more... That's how I am with the various crowbars I own - to be fair I own a newer model as well but I still look for deals on favorable lenses for crowbars when I see em since I love em... But if you don't see yourself using them for say another 3 seasons, then considering the likely $60-150 investment in lenses you might end up paying - I'd recommend picking up something more recent... since prizm lenses don't exist for the elevate if you cared for them... instead you can look into an A-Frame 2.0 which can be found pretty cheap off ebay/amazon as they were recently discontinued (as those would probably be close to what yours is size/fov wise). Or what I think is overall most popular model for young adults n'females at the moment would be either the Fall Line XM, or Flight Deck XM. The later will feel like a whole new view of the slope (it was for me on the larger version), my sister went from a model smaller than yours to the FD XM and she literally couldn't believe she had been using such a small pair - she loves them but keep in mind the flight decks are at the top tier of current models so you may end up spending $150+ to obtain a pair - hence the consideration of how much you like/love your current pair vs how long you can see yourself using them for with new lens tints.

oakley-snow-goggle-fit-guide-700.jpg

As for sizing, this chart covers up till 2013...

..After that oakley got bit confusing on naming model/sizes... since some models came in two sizes, with the smaller of those being coined as XM (extra-medium), basically a smaller adult size...​
But theres also XL as you see with the last pair in the image and also there's an Airbrake XL, but no XL version of Flight Deck (XM), Line Miner (XM), or Fall Line (XM)... instead XM 🤯 this video will explain it better than word salad will. You can check out their more recent videos where they cover the above mentioned models not shown as well.​

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your extremely helpful reply!! I really like how they fit, as I have a relatively small head, and most goggles seem to swamp me!!
I’ll take a look at that link for the lenses, as apart from this bit they are pretty good in condition so it’d be a shame to not be able to use them longer.
Really appreciate the info, hope you have a great weekend!

Thank you so much for your extremely helpful reply!! I really like how they fit, as I have a relatively small head, and most goggles seem to swamp me!!
I’ll take a look at that link for the lenses, as apart from this bit they are pretty good in condition so it’d be a shame to not be able to use them longer.
Really appreciate the info, hope you have a great weekend!
Your are welcome, an hope you enjoy your weekend too!

These should help you in deciding on what tint you want to obtain.

My 4 picks for versatile almost any weather lens tints would be;
HI Amber Polarized
VR28 Polarized (your current tint but polarized helps if you live where you ski above the tree line)
G30 Iridium
VR28 Blue Iiridium

For low light days with crud conditions or if it's snowing my picks would be
VR50 Pink
HI Persimmon
HI Yellow

Prizm lenses are all quite comparable to one another if I'm honest despite what guide says, they all over lay one another in usability

I literally have been thinking I now need to look into which lens /combination of lenses to add...and it’s as if you read my mind!
Thank you!

I found the lens it came with was fine for good days, but I’d have to switch to my actual sunglasses (Frogskins so they are breakproof in a pocket!) with midday bright sun, and they were pretty poor in the low light and reasonably heavily snowing days.

Having had a nasty fall and knee injury some years back my confidence in poor visibility plummets, so I’d rather invest in a good second lens for poor vis conditions as I know it’ll pay off in enjoyment value - if you were to pick a pair of lenses, what would you say would be the ultimate combo?

My husband thinks I’m crazy thinking about buying skiing stuff at the moment (that goes as far as getting new dream skis!), but these things keep me going right now! 🎿🤘
Thanks again!!

I literally have been thinking I now need to look into which lens /combination of lenses to add...and it’s as if you read my mind!
Thank you!

I found the lens it came with was fine for good days, but I’d have to switch to my actual sunglasses (Frogskins so they are breakproof in a pocket!) with midday bright sun, and they were pretty poor in the low light and reasonably heavily snowing days.

Having had a nasty fall and knee injury some years back my confidence in poor visibility plummets, so I’d rather invest in a good second lens for poor vis conditions as I know it’ll pay off in enjoyment value - if you were to pick a pair of lenses, what would you say would be the ultimate combo?

My husband thinks I’m crazy thinking about buying skiing stuff at the moment (that goes as far as getting new dream skis!), but these things keep me going right now! 🎿🤘
Thanks again!!
Well he's half right... skiing is crazy when you break it down to the basics. We strap planks of wood to our feet and then fly down the mountain at speeds you typically wouldn't reach unless propelled by a motor... an we call that having fun ⛷🤘

Oh I know all too well about knee injuries I completely tore my Left ACL & MCL + Right MCL last season... Last run of the day too, an it under the stupidest circumstances on one of easiest trails 😬. At Least I'm young so I was able to bounce back relatively well despite having yet had surgery but its on the to-do list once this crisis clears up hopefully 🤞

You know what... I was mistaken they did infact offer Prizm replacement lenses for the Elevate, they just didn't sell the prizm lens in any of the complete model. ebay has a killer deals on just your model, for the price of what buckman's wants you can grab a Prizm rose + another and still have money left over from what I was going to suggest 😳

Prizm rose is considered by most the best prizm lens to own if you could only own one of them as it's in that 35% vlt range (your lens is 28% - an prior to prizm tints was seen by most as the best all around tint color) which most see as the sweet spot of being able to get by in most conditions..

I'd add Prizm Jade as well which would have you covered for absolutely any weather where the sun is out as it has vlt of 13% I believe - I skied in semi-whiteout conditions with prizm jade an was doing okay (as noted prizm tints overlap one another in function) prizm rose probably would've been a better choice for that day but prizm tints are better at compensating where they might lack in VLT (light/darkness of the tint) with their ability to better define contrast/where the bumps are.

Between those 2 you should be covered from Blue Bird Sunny Days thru Cloudy weather and Snow...But at the price why stop there, lets invest in your future + take advantage of fact these replacement won't be on there forever. If you wanted to add just one more to have on hand that'd be even lighter tint than prizm rose and just have something not prizm on hand you could pick up HI Persimmon, imo one of the most underrated tints - it's got the classic orange color but its also provides cut down on glare as there a slight blue iridium on there. You'd even be covered for night skiing option if you went with HI Persimmon as it has a VLT @ 65% so it'll allow more light in which might be nice to have late in the day when sun's setting and if the clouds/snow rolls in and you're skiing below the tree line where it'll be darker because of it.

I'll fill you in on what the fam uses, for context we primarily shred the east coast but we venture out west & alps, so we are well rounded in our requirements for functional tints haha... I have way too many pairs to list, but I've noted my favorite tints above and I've owned every tint they've made at one point so you could say I have a problem a passion for goggles in particular haha. My father uses prizm jade for just about all weather, but will swap to prizm rose typically around last 2-3 hours of the day or on days when the sun isn't out. He also has HI Yellow which he originally would use instead of prizm rose, but he got use to that tint so he really only breaks out the HI yellow on those days when he really rather not be skiing but already bought the ticket so he's going to get his money's worth ⛷While my mother is simple no iridiums or flashy tints for her she really just uses vr28 polarized tint for super sunny, then persimmon for everything else except night which is gold clear iridium. Finally my sister uses just prizm sapphire for everything except night skiing which she has Clear or HI Yellow which is 88% vlt, an pre-prizm tech considered the go to when it was dumping buckets or terrible weather but due to how light it was you really couldn't use it for anythign with sun - thats why I favored the HI Persimmon it's bright enough for the days you kinda regret going out but with the irid coating it's still usable if the sun decides to come out mid day.

If you wanted a HI Yellow tint, there's a pair for a fair price with one on ebay as well... In which case I'd say get the prizm jade & hi yellow as that's essentially my sister's setup, an shes real pleased with them.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back