• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Goggle Lens Identification

This lens is a perfect example of a FUBAR inner lens, all its good for now is scraping the ice off your windows. When looking for replacement goggles, if they have a lens ask the seller to take a photo from the backside holding up to a light directly - as it will allow you to understand if the inner lens is smudged or dickered in anyway - additionally if the inner lens becomes cracked its no longer anti-fog proof even if the coating is unsmudged.

I’ll have to take a good look when I get home but from what you’ve described I think this is happening on both lenses. Definitely the wisdom. Your exactly right, it looks like it’s just smuggy and smeared all over as well as extremely thin faint surface abraision.
The Aframe has a tinge of smear on the inside I’m pretty sure.

Can the Coating be completely cleaned off and removed if it has been compromised? Or is it integral to the use or lens itself?
Do all gog lenses have anti fog?

I’ll have to take a good look when I get home but from what you’ve described I think this is happening on both lenses. Definitely the wisdom. Your exactly right, it looks like it’s just smuggy and smeared all over as well as extremely thin faint surface abraision.
The Aframe has a tinge of smear on the inside I’m pretty sure.

Can the Coating be completely cleaned off and removed if it has been compromised? Or is it integral to the use or lens itself?
Do all gog lenses have anti fog?
You can't remove the coating, I've tried in the past and never ended up with a clear result.
All goggles that dual vented lenses aka a clear inner lens aka anything for snow use will have antifog coating...

The process of the antifog coating use to be a solution that was sprayed on for your models as well as the Crowbar and Splice, they seemed more prone to the smudging than the coating found on the A-Frame 2.0 | Canopy | Airbrake | Flight Deck | Line Minter or other newer models. I was told that is because they switched using a sprayed coating, to a film thats as though laminated onto the lens which makes it much hard to smudge/scrape off the antifog feature - I've only come across one example where the antifog was messed up on newer pair and it was a Airbrake that the ski patrol retrieved in the spring, so it had been sitting in the wood exposed to the elements for who knows how long - an even then it didn't smudge but rather delem from the inner around the edges.

Yea that's a wisdom, here are all the variants on O-Review

An here are the A-Frame, you'll notice the more recent version have the riggers opposed to simple strap

Yea that's a wisdom, here are all the variants on O-Review

An here are the A-Frame, you'll notice the more recent version have the riggers opposed to simple strap

Yea I’m on O-review all the time but sometimes certain frames tend to blend together when trying to identify something thats why I asked.
It’s the little nuances hard to tell with only 1 pic on o review.

I like to have older sets as spares/loaners at the cabin and for use without a helmet when backcountry skiing in foul weather.

The newer goggles are much better with helmets and they pop up with serious discounts at the end of the season (Prizm Canopys at $50ish). With newer goggles the prizm lenses are also available and they are very nice (especially Prizm rose with works well in most conditions)

You don't ;) just that sometimes finding a frame for an old lens is almost as expensive as a new goggle...
This is very true. I believe it might just be better to invest in one of those deals on a newer pair.... but he’s got about six months so he’s got time to where his options

Back