• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Goggle lens protection

crgonyar

Oakley Enthusiast
Charlotte, NC
Anyone have any experience with protection for goggle lenses?? I purchased the ripclear protectors for a pair of Fall Line and a pair of Flight Deck... the Fall Line fit perfectly and went on great. Not so much for the Flight Deck!! Are there any other options for protection?

Just purchased Ripclear for my Fall Lines. Glad to hear they are great.

Anyone have any experience with protection for goggle lenses?? I purchased the ripclear protectors for a pair of Fall Line and a pair of Flight Deck... the Fall Line fit perfectly and went on great. Not so much for the Flight Deck!! Are there any other options for protection?

Not surprising the FL went on easy because the lens is cylindrical so you're only dealing with the L/R curvature going across the X axis with minor changes in the Z axis. Where as the FD is spherical so you're dealing simultaneously with the Y axis & X axis, which makes for getting all four corners lined up a lot harder.

I'd not used the ripclear covers personally, but I'd guess it'd take me a few attempts to get them centered and lined with all 4 corners on the FD. As my understanding is it's just a clear bra vinyl like you'd find on cars, in which case I have vinyl wrapped some automotive bits and will say it gets far more complex and annoying to deal with anything that has curvature along the XYZ axis; such as tail lights on my car which had multiple curve lines - a hair dryer was helpful in getting the vinyl to stretch a bit as well as get bubbles out. Maybe buy a few replacements and give it another go with the hair dryer after watching some YT vids on how to vinyl wrap car lights to give ideas on how to tackle your problem better...

Maybe cut some slits on the edges of the FD one, so its easier for the film to wrap around. But try the hairdryer method first.

Latest Posts

Back