• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going To The Vault.....by Proxy And Need Help

Mervillian

Oakley Expert
I am a Canadian and have the privilege of paying a premium for most of my Oakley purchases. However, my wife is in Seattle for her work and will be visiting the Vault on my request (I got myself a good one).

So I ask for the assistance of the great Oakley Forums to help me get the most out of the opportunity (I have never been to a Vault).

Which of these items that I am interested in should I realistically expect for her to find and what should I expect to pay.

Pit Boss I (I remember a member posting that they found some a month or so back)
X-metal replacement lenses and rubbers (and which ones....Juliets? Half Xs? others?)
XX (original O-matter) replacement lenses and rubbers
A frame Goggle replacement lenses (black or other iridium)
Jupiter Factory Lite (black or silver)
Razrwire NBT
Flag microfiber bags (I believe I read on here they are selling for $4 USD) or other cheap microfiber bags

Are there any other killer deals going on right now at the Vault that I should have her look for?

Thanks in advance

PB1 is a long shot. Tell her to look but most likely all you'll get is a PB2.
Replacement rubber will be limited to Juliets, maybe not even those. Never hurts to ask but not likely.
Twenty replacement lenses will be BI and BIP, maybe. Most vaults I go to carry those because Oakley still makes them. Rubbers are doubtful.
No idea on goggle lenses.
JFL might be there if they have the brown or blue on the vault site recently, otherwise they'll be full retail or not there.
No idea on Razrwire.
Bags vary vault to vault. What she should look for is a small bin of bags near the registers marked 3 for $10 or $4 each. Sometimes they have bags in retail packaging discounted as well.

As far as other things to look for, its all random. Vaults stock a range of retail prices stuff and stuff being discontinued, and RARELY you'll stumble on a stock room treasure. Never hurts to ask if they have anything not being displayed or anything stashed away.

Agreed, about all I would expect hope to find would be Juliet lenses and rubbers. Maybe a PB II but w/o discounts. Very doubtful on the XX lenses and rubbers.

Here in NJ vault, they put the Rootbeer PB2 on sale like $415 or so, and JFL, in all colorway is on sale too and yes flag microbags are like $4 each. PB1 is a long shot bro, goodluck on your hunt and i hope you get what youre looking for

It's hit or miss at most Vaults, as their stock changes with each shipment they receive. As far as your list, most likely lenses would be Juliets or X Squared. The Microclear bags are 3 for $10. Original XX (O Matter) parts chances are slim to none. Razrwire is doubtful. I would think the goggle lens should be there. Definitely ask about everything your looking for, you never know. Good luck in search!

if that vault has a BOGO 50% going, I'd recommend getting a brown and a blue JFL as the 50% frames... should be around $80 for each after discount, which is fantastic for a frame that started life around $230. Plus, JFLs use carbon fiber, aluminum and titanium. It's a textbook Oakley classic not appreciated in its time.

Edit: if they have brushed Al / Ice Polarized for $200 thats a solid pickup. If they have Matte black / red w/ BIP at any discount thats a solid pickup too.

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful as she's at the checkout now with a bunch of stuff.
She texted me that she has a black JFL (at half off the sale price as suggested above as she got herself a pair at full price, which was a requirement), Ruby Juliet lenses, 3 Juliet replacement rubber kits, a T-shirt, shorts, a toque and some 3 for $10 microfiber bags.
No XX stuff unfortunately (really wanted to bring my original Oakley's back to life), and while they did have an A frame replacement lens, it wasn't on sale so I decided to pass on it.

She texted me that she has a black JFL (at half off the sale price as suggested above as she got herself a pair at full price, which was a requirement),

Matte black / red w/ BIP lenses? You, sir, just got a tremendous score. Congrats!

Matte black / red w/ BIP lenses? You, sir, just got a tremendous score. Congrats!

Had my wife take a photo of it as I didn't think they were polarized and something was up. Looking at them, I think they are the "dark blue", but still extremely happy to get them and think I got a good deal. Now I have to wait until the end of the week before I get them.... I guess I better say hi to her before asking for the goods.

Latest Posts

Back