• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going To Thin The Hurd. Juliet Emerald Or Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Ok going to thin my collection down. I want to keep an xmetal finish with bip and a carbon with 24k gold. So for my last one I need to decide what lense to use for another carbon frame. Either an ice polarized (out of a plasma frame) or an emerald non polarized.
I know you will say why not keep the ice in the plasma. Well just not as keen on the plasma frame. The emeralds are nice and look good in the carbon frame
Almost like a fly. The ice look pretty good as well and are polarized. But one needs to go. In my own opinion the green is to much like my bip and the ice doesn't stand out as much on the carbon frame.so both have there faults.

What do you guys think?

I have an ice polarized lenses/carbon frame to match my son's XS Fives black frame/blue iridium. I prefer ice polarized over emerald. Just my 2 Oakley Penny.

Now I have complete box etc for plasma/ice. How much would that hurt resale if I out the emeralds in it to sell? Am I better off keeping the ice all original and selling them, selling the emeralds and then buying a replacement ice kit?

When you say hard pressed to find and you would keep are you referring to just the lenses or the complete glass/lens combo? I did a quick search on ebay and the whole set isn't that tough and some are cheaper then what I paid for mine. I don't see any listing for just lenses. I have pretty much came to the conclusion that I will part with the plasma frame. Just need to really decide if when I do which lense I keep. If you mean that it will hard to find just lenses for my carbon frames then maybe I should just take the hit. Maybe sell the plasma frame with emeralds (since that once was a legit colorway) and sell the box and coin seperately to someonenwjo needsnthe box for their plasma/ice combo. Selling the box with the box with the wrong combo probably wouldnt change the value much anyway. Not as much as finding the right buyer for the box/coin set alone

I'm just saying that BNIB Ice Polarized Juliet lenses are getting very hard to find....and if you do you find a set you WILL pay for them. Regular Ice are bringing close to $100.

Ok so here is some pics of ine of each lens in a the carbon frame
uhu4yny2.jpg
enuqepa9.jpg
vyruguvy.jpg

ma8ehaqe.jpg

Last edited:
after 3 bottle of beers and watching this all over from top to bottom over and over still i'd like to keep the ice polarized,sell the emerald w/plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.