• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Gold Iridium lenses for Romeo and Mars

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Looking for OEM, custom cut or even donor lenses for the Romeo 1 and Mars. The Romeo 1 lens needs to be in decent condition and can have some very minor swirls or small scratches outside of the field view - but no spider cracks. For the Mars, I need a clean lens - no scratches. I will buy a set but really what I need is just the left lens for Romeo and Mars so if you have a single lens I will take it.

Some people reacted to this post.
I have stock for custom cut gold Irid available. Base curve 7 (not identical match to original lenses)

Base curve is 8.5 - so the base curve 7 is a flater lens . . . maybe that would work. A few questions, maybe someone like Chris Hardaway could chime in?

1) Is there any optical difference when looking out of the lens?
2) What is the external appearance of the lens when mounted as compared to the original 8.75 base curve, does it still retain enough curvature to preserve the overall look of the Romeo and/or Mars?

Username Hidden said:
Base curve is 8.5 - so the base curve 7 is a flater lens . . . maybe that would work. A few questions, maybe someone like Chris Hardaway could chime in?

1) Is there any optical difference when looking out of the lens?
2) What is the external appearance of the lens when mounted as compared to the original 8.75 base curve, does it still retain enough curvature to preserve the overall look of the Romeo and/or Mars?
Yes, flatter lens and it works. No distortion from what I've experienced . I've only done it for R1, haven't had the time to do a Mars. Sample pics: https://m.facebook.com/xmetalworkshop/photos/a.1657013491206815/1946982045543290/?type=3&source=54

Hum, the re-invented titanium finish looks nice. Do you have a side view of the lenses? What I am interested in knowing is if the overall curvature is fairly well preserved from the side profile or does it look really flat now? How does the BC 7 compare to BC 8.75 in this view shown below?

Lens curcvature.jpg

I don't have a sample set of gold iridium handy. Here's a torch PRIZM in same base curve.
PhotoGrid_1557677901226.png

Hum, thanks. What kind of cost shipped to US for a set of Romeo 1's what about a set of Mars?

Bump - What kind of cost shipped to US for a set of Romeo 1's what about a set of Mars?

$115 USD. International shipping from Australia to most countries $20 USD. Send pm if you're interested.

Username Hidden said:
$115 USD. International shipping from Australia to most countries $20 USD. Send pm if you're interested.
Ron, gave it some thought and I think I am going to keep this as my fall-back plan if I can't find some suitable BC 8.75 Gold Iridiums. I am going to give it a few months and see what turns up. Thanks for reaching out.

Status
Not open for further replies.