• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gold iridium vs titanium iridium

erap

I should Work at Oakley
Hi guys what is the difference? Both look the same shade to me. I have only tried gold iridium and planning to buy titanium iridium lens after getting feedback.

Thanks

They are very different shades to be honest. Gold is a darker tint overall and personally is a favourite of mine. Few pics below for you -

B0785D26-16CC-4147-96A6-A3B854DFBAEE_zpsnc10rfip.jpg

6EA6B26A-2F68-497F-B3F8-D94B4EE7E814_zpslbmbrppi.jpg

Yeah, to me that tiny 2% difference feels quite a lot with these two.

My preference is Gold to look out of. But to look at, no contest, Titanium. Have recently sold a couple of them that I picked up through Oakley Japan, the last they have in stock. But I've kept one for myself. Love the font used in 'Titanium'.

Anyone know what font it is? Doesn't feel bespoke to me...

I agree, Gold is a "happier" colour to look through, more brass to the brown.
Titanium is virtually impossible to look in at; such a deep, dark amber brown and heavily iridium-ized.
It's getting difficult to find Gold, especially in the polarized versions...

Yeah, to me that tiny 2% difference feels quite a lot with these two.

My preference is Gold to look out of. But to look at, no contest, Titanium. Have recently sold a couple of them that I picked up through Oakley Japan, the last they have in stock. But I've kept one for myself. Love the font used in 'Titanium'.

Anyone know what font it is? Doesn't feel bespoke to me...
Very happy to have received one of those pairs from you :)

Titanium, gold and tungsten too are all similar to look through - I like them all, can't say I've got a particular favourite amongst them.